News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger raffle car for Focus Hope

Started by Spike, May 27, 2007, 08:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Local radio station builds and raffles off a car every year. This year is a 68 Charger with a blown 440.

For people outside of Michigan PLEASE read the post in this thread.

For pics of the car progress and to buy a ticket- WCSX Charger

Four years ago,  we wondered how to get a car built in time for the big Woodward Cruise & raffle it off for local charities. With that, the Stone Soup Project was born. Built entirely with donations of parts, expertise and time from great listeners like you & our generous sponsors, a volunteer army has helped the Stone Soup Project has raised more than $750,000 in four years.

In 2003, it was a 1967 Mustang, in 2004, a 1970 HEMI Roadrunner, 2005 a '65 GTO Convertible, and last year, the '47 Nailhead Custom Truck.  And now, the 2007 Stone Soup Project will be a '68 Dodge Charger.

(I have no affiliation with the radio station and I will be buying the winning ticket)

Brock Samson

WOW!!  :o

I'd buy a ticket,.. or a hundred, but how much are the things?..  :-\

dodgecharger-fan

$25

You have to go throught he whole registration deal and then you get to a page that'll take your payment info... it also shows your total.

Ghoste

But since Spike is buying the winning ticket, there's no sense in any of the rest of us getting one.  ;)

Spike

Quote from: Ghoste on May 27, 2007, 11:49:06 AM
But since Spike is buying the winning ticket, there's no sense in any of the rest of us getting one.  ;)

;D still worth buying a ticket for a worthy cause.

Sabre

What if you don't live in Detroit?  Can you still buy a ticket?  Do you have to be present to win the car?

Ghoste

RD

bought two!  going to a good cause anyway ya know.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Silver68RT

I've got mine, bought it at their display at Autorama.

Doug
Silver68RT

Sabre

I bought two, I've never won anything in my life and I'm not expecting to win this car, (although I'd love to as the 2nd gen Chargers are my favorite) the money goes to a worthy charity and that's what counts.

Spike

Last chance for tickets.

The car is done and they added a 2007 Charger in the mix as well.
JUST ANNOUNCED:  JOE RICCI FROM JOE RICCI DODGE HAS  PERSONALLY ADDED A 2 YEAR LEASE ON A BLACK 2007 DODGE HEMI CHARGER R/T TO THE PRIZE PACKAGE (ONE WINNER - TWO CARS!)

http://www.wcsx.com/jjandlynne/stonesoup/

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

I bought one too, but did any of you outside Michigan read the small print?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TUFCAT

STONE SOUP MY ASS!! ( I guess that's if they used broth from Michigan residents only)

I cry FOUL- - - This is total B.S....and I'm a MICHIGAN RESIDENT!!!  :flame: :flame: :flame:

Who cares where the hell the money comes from??  as long as it supports the charity  :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: .......remember, this is for a charity - - for God's Sake!!!!   :'(

This is outrageous, unnaceptable, and disgusting  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Shame on you WCSX.   :fu:  The balls you people have.  :down: :down: :down:

BrianShaughnessy

Wow... thanks Bob.    :brickwall:    I can't decide if the raffle is ONLY open to MI residents OR MI residents must be 18 or older.

So I clicked on a podcast and came up with a number to call...  313 494 5500.   The woman on the phone said they would NOT sell tickets to out of state residents.
I explained I was out of state and the website let me buy some so she tried to transfer me to a woman named Nancy Ramson (?) who is now [conveniently] out of the office until the 27th.

Brock Samson

well yeah, O.K. Spike i get your point but there may be a legal reason for excluding residents of other states.. I don't know the technicalities of Mich Law but these things can be rather complicated when setting them up, and perhaps to avoid expensive complications and alot of expensive fine print they limited the contest to The local area... besides it does make Mich residents FAR MORE LIKELY TO WIN.

Now, what do I do with my hundred tickets?..  :shruggy:  :lol:

Troy

I saw that on the site earlier but I don't remember any notification about MI residents only when we saw the car at the Autorama. It didn't look like that at the time... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Drache

At least they could have it in large letters on the website when you purchase your tickets! I'd be kinda upset if I bought tickets to a raffle and find out after that I'm not allowed to win, even if the money is going for a good cause.  :brickwall:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

68charger383

I know someone in work whose parents live in MI. I'll buy it using their name to meet the MI residency requirement. However, sounds like the beginning of a Stand Up Lee situation if I win!
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 68charger383 on August 22, 2007, 12:16:33 PM
I know someone in work whose parents live in MI. I'll buy it using their name to meet the MI residency requirement. However, sounds like the beginning of a Stand Up Lee situation if I win!

If I had read and understood that before I bought the tickets online
I would have put my sister's name on them.   

dodgecharger-fan

They mailed my ticket to me along with a letter of thanks and "God luck"

With "God" luck, I figure that I'm a shoe-in.  :angel:

Oh, I live in Ontario Canada. I'm pretty certain that we haven't been annexed..... yet.  :P
It's a form letter, but someone had to type in my address because they spelled my street name wrong. It doesn't say Canada, but I figure the postal code and the fact that they had to put extra postage on the envelope to get it here means they couldn't mistake my address for anything else but a Canadian address.

The ticket doesn't say anything about residency. It does say that the winner is responsible for sales tax, title and license fees as well as a 25% income tax based on fair market value.... ouch!
Call it a $40000 car and you need to come up with $10K plus to claim the car. That's a good deal for sure but only if you have the funds.

I hope my $25 does some good for them.

Troy

Yeah, we're not like Canada - we have to pay sales tax on winnings (lottery, sweepstakes, raffles, etc.). :bawling: I was trying hard to win that black HemiCuda (clone) at MoparFest but the guy literally told me that I'd be better off selling the car while still in Canada. His point was that they'd charge me the income tax on the Cuda when I crossed the border but I could ship the money home and probably avoid it...  :whistling:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

0X01B8

alright...just bought a ticket.  if I win it first thing is all the tacky 94.7 / jj & lynne stickers come off.  maybe some black nascar style steel wheels would look nice too.  anyway, does anyone know if the car is a real R/T?

Spike

That odd, when I talked to JJ and Lynn they were surprised that no one from out of state had won any of the other cars. Sounds like some mis communication at the station

Any one from out of state that bought tickets or wants to buy them and needs a MI address, let me know.

70charger_boy

I just bought 2 tickets without reading the whole post.  I'm out of state :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: