News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8-1/4 to dana 60 conversion?

Started by Dodge69_440, May 26, 2007, 06:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge69_440

What's up guys, I got back from school and am looking into doing a rearend swap.  I found a local 1970 or so dodge van with a dana 60 in the back for cheap.  It's in good condition, and I was wondering what it would take to install it in my car.  I drive a 1969 dodge coronet that was originally a 318.  The suspension and leafs are stock and I am currently running a 360 to a 904 with a 8-1/4 out back.  I assume I will have to shorten my drive shaft and cut and move my leaf springs.  Anyways, I just wanted to know what I'm getting myself into before I buy it.

Chatt69chgr

Use the search function on this site and you will find numerous threads on this subject.  Long story short is buy a Dana 60 from Strange Engineering if you want one of these rear ends.  You will end up spending about the same to do the conversion which is a pretty involved process.  Not sure what you need it for considering the engine and transmission you have.  But if you want one, that would be the way to go.  I think all your brake stuff will work on the Strange S60 rear.  Oh, don't forget that the rear springs are different.  The ones you have will work but won't be correct for the Dana setup.  Might as well change them while you are at it.  Mopar Performance has them.  At least you will have the rear all set up for a big block for later.  Someone else will have to tell you the stock ratio for a automatic car.  I hope you have a fat wallet.

Chryco Psycho

I use a lot of junkyard Danas for cars But the van diffs are too short on 1 side to fit most car apps