News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Custom grind Hemi cam spec

Started by Hemidoug, May 22, 2007, 08:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

I had the guy doing my Hemi rebuild work up a custom grind cam from Cam Motion. I was wondering what you guys think. It's a mild grind for the street. Going into a 477 stroker running stock manifolds. It is roller cam, 249 @ 050, .596 lift and 108 centerline. They offer a "tight lash" cam with .010 of lash. So...does it sound like a nice cam for the street? What do you think I can expect as far as torque curve?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

firefighter3931

Doug, what is the "advertised" duration ? The 108 lsa will make it idle rough and generally restrictive exhaust (manifolds) work better with wider lobe seperation. The Hemi exhaust manifolds are much better than wedge manifolds so it might not be that much of an issue.  ???

The larger displacement will also tone it down and absorb some of the duration & overlap. I wouldn't consider that a large cam for a 477 ci engine....at least not in terms of the .050 duration numbers. See if you can get some specs at .020 & .200 valve lift.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs