News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dynamic

Started by Animal, May 22, 2007, 04:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

Guys ,anyone know anything about the Dynamic dual speed converter?

Gotta get it checked out before I refit it , as the trans guy says the bearing may be shot.

Problem is , i live in London England, no one seems to know how they work & Dynamic won't list any info on them.

Are they some kind of vodoo thang. ;D

Need to know , got to get the motor on the road again.

Thanks in advance.

Animal

firefighter3931

Adam, i'm not sure what a dual speed converter is....i have a Dynamic 9.5in for my car and it is rated at 4200 stall but acts like a stock converter (or slightly looser) under normal driving conditions. Perhaps this is what you are referring to when you say dual speed.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Challenger340

You referring to the old Buick "variable pitch" type convertors from the mid 60's.

They were just that, a variable convertor blade pitch to provide variable stall speed, one stall outa the initial hole(vortex flow), then to a mid stall(semi vortex/rotary), then to full "rotary" convertor blade flow.

Probably very similar to what you're discussing. Didn't know there was a company still producing them.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Animal

Thanks Ron & Challenger.

Yes Ron , that is what I mean , but I was told it was a dual speed , sorry for the confusion.

Took it to a rebuild shop today , should get the diagnosis on it tommorow.

Can't get my head round how it works , it's a 2800 stall on light throttle , hoof it & it goes to 3500 stall. ???

It is a  9 1/2 , the same as what your saying.

Was worried that the guys over here would not have the parts to rebuild it if there is a problem with it.

Thanks.

Adam.

Animal

Got the vertor back today , nothing wrong with it , but he replaced the snout , due to brass scoring on it.

Said the internals are no different than a normal vertor.

firefighter3931

Good news....time to put it back together and  :drive:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs