News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Storm cloud pics of Huricane Katrina

Started by Paul G, September 15, 2005, 10:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

These were sent to me. Pretty ominous looking. Especially the multiple tornado's.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Paul G

More
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

NYCMille

HOLY CRAP!!....

Seeing that would make me find out how fast my Charger really is... spooky....  :o

Wakko

I'm not trying to be an ass, but those are not Katrina.  I don't think they have giant cornfields like that in the delta.  More importantly, a hurricane comes at you in bands and gets progressively sour.  Those storms are severe thunderstorms butting up against a cold front, creating a shelf cloud or a wall cloud.  I think they spawn tornados, but I'm not sure about that.  I decided to research where those pictures came from (I received an email with those in them stating they were Katrina) and found this:

http://arizona-skywarn.org/gallery/Canadian-Storm-Photos/i000765_big1
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Khyron

I swear to all that is holy...

I would crap myself!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Paul G

My B-I-L emailed them to me. I looked at the link http://arizona-skywarn.org/gallery/Canadian-Storm-Photos/i000765_big1 and it looks like we got duped. Not Katrina but enough to make you glad there is a hole in the ground to hide in. We got basements around here in the midwest.  It is kinda nice to be below ground when a tonado is in sight.

Wakko

Oh, definitely!  I agree with NYC about testing the Charger if I saw that comin...tornados >  Charger.  I am always amazed and fascinated by the raw power and unpredictability of Mother Nature. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

4402tuff4u

Those are so cool thunderstorm anvil top storms. That is correct, most likely from a cold front (high pressure) moving in into a hot & possibly a high humidity zone (creating a low pressure). Would'nt want to fly through that! You would probably see the wings of a small plane shear right off with the uplift and downdraft winds.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

RD

those are my type of storms!!!  being from the midwest, weather is everything (agriculture centered society).  I love chasing tornado's and storms, but you definitely have to be intelligent about it.  (i.e. I would never let mustanghater drive me while chasing one hehehe :D :D )
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Vainglory, Esq.

Yeah, I was looking at those and thinking the vegetation looks all wrong for the gulf coast.  Ain't no cotton fields. :P

RD

Quote from: Wakko on September 15, 2005, 10:25:23 AM
I'm not trying to be an ass, but those are not Katrina.   I don't think they have giant cornfields like that in the delta.   More importantly, a hurricane comes at you in bands and gets progressively sour.   Those storms are severe thunderstorms butting up against a cold front, creating a shelf cloud or a wall cloud.   I think they spawn tornados, but I'm not sure about that.   I decided to research where those pictures came from (I received an email with those in them stating they were Katrina) and found this:

http://arizona-skywarn.org/gallery/Canadian-Storm-Photos/i000765_big1

those damn hoaxers! :D kinda like all those pictures of the planes going into the WTC towers with a guy standing on the obs. deck.  After a tragic event, someone has to do something to take advantage of it for attention.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

dd44068

They might not be of Katrina but still cool to LOOK at.

73dodge

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Stormhammer

I think awe inspiring is a MUCH better word

Its hard to look at those pics and go oh cool

its more like

-jaw drops- my god... lol

BigBlackDodge

Wow!

The second one down looks like a atomic bomb test! :o

BBD

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

71_deputy

auctally they are from the Belwood area Ontario where they had several tornado's thur there last month.

Belwood is between Fergus and Orangeville area.  On the way to Moparfest we seen the aftermath of these puppies that passed thur. what a mess---that area is the Tornado alley for Ontario!!!!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

TruckDriver

I could be a storm chaser. I am fasinated by them.

BUT this pic is just wild to the point it almost doesnt look real......HOLY CRAP!!!

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

derailed

I also love storm chasing, those are incredible pics. Id love to see something like that in person. We hardly get weather like that here in upstate NY.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Lowprofile

Mother Nature is truly amazing. Thanks for the pics!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

911bear

:o wow these make great wallpaper on your pc  :yesnod:
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

Chargerguy74

Yeah, I don't want this to come out the wrong way. But I truley love seeing the power of mother nature like that. I get a rush of adrenaline from it. I'm the kind of guy who's out in the storm when everyone would think I'm stupid. HOWEVER, I do not like it at all when they cause destruction to cities, towns, farms, take lives, ruin lives, etc.! I've had a few tornadoes go through my farm, and smash down 4 foot diametre trees, level bushes, and not break one single crop stem. Seeing willow trees all twisted up is very "awe inspiring"
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Charger4404spd

Quote from: RD on September 15, 2005, 11:18:44 AM
those are my type of storms!!!  being from the midwest, weather is everything (agriculture centered society).  I love chasing tornado's and storms, but you definitely have to be intelligent about it.  (i.e. I would never let mustanghater drive me while chasing one hehehe :D :D )

Now tell me whats INTELLIGENT about chasing a tornado? :icon_smile_big:
BUt I hear ya, I love to watch thunder storms. I was sitting at the garage door one evening watching the lightning. It was off in the distance, so I thought.

I was sitting on my little roll around work stool when a bolt of lightning struck the transformer aprrox. 100 feet from me. It sounded like a bomb. Scared me so bad I fell right off of that stoll. I swear I felt a few volts trace my skin. That was too close for me.