News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flex plate

Started by Animal, May 19, 2007, 06:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

The 440 ate & spat out the flex plate today , Was the starfish one , anyone else had this problem?

Thanks Adam.

moparguy01

never had that problem. but it sure looks pretty nasty.

Big Lebowski

Ouch & ya I've heard of that happening before. Bummer dude
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

firefighter3931

Adam, use the MP SFI plate with the MP bolt kit.....you won't break that one.  ;)

FYI : The MP sfi plate is designed for use with a TQ converter that has the 10in bolt pattern   :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Animal

Thanks Guys.

Gotta have the box checked & stripped , cos the flex plate twisted the convertor in the pump.

Took the vertor out & found a line of brass all the way round the snout where it goes into the front pump , also brass fillings in the oil.

Adam.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Animal on May 20, 2007, 01:41:46 PM
Thanks Guys.

Gotta have the box checked & stripped , cos the flex plate twisted the convertor in the pump.

Took the vertor out & found a line of brass all the way round the snout where it goes into the front pump , also brass fillings in the oil.

Adam.

D@MN...sorry to hear that Adam  :P Time for some upgrades to the 727 while it's apart !  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Animal

Always good to hear from you Ron. ;)

Only changed the box as an upgrade , harder shift , etc .......................................................

No nowt about boxes. ::)

Chryco Psycho

the B&M full disc flex plate is a good option as well

Animal