News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear main cap help

Started by srpntlair1, May 15, 2007, 05:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srpntlair1

??? I am trying to locate side seals for the rear main cap. 440 source, where I bought all the stuff , and fel pro both say to use silicone. I hate to use that stuff if i don't have to. are they still available????

moparguy01

every time i have bought a rear main seal the side seals came with it.

71superbee

Go to any Chrysler - Dodge or Jeep dealer and have them order part # P4271961 Seal Package. The part has a suggested retail price of

srpntlair1

thank you very much. as I said I got the gasket kit from 440 source and another complete kit from felpro and neither had it. I will definitely dive dodge a call

John_Kunkel

Silicone RTV will give a more positive seal, fill the groove on each side and lay a bead between the retainer and the block.

BTW, the two pan bolt bosses on the retainer pictured have their ends broken out from installing the wrong bolts (the two rear pan bolts are shorter than the others) and this can cause a leak. Coat the threads of those two bolts with RTV.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

squeakfinder

When I tried to use the Fel Pro seals for the sides, they wouldn't fit wright on the sides and came apart in two pieces. Total crap.

So i filled the sides with ultra copper silicone.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....