News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steve Strope 70 Charger

Started by Ghoste, May 11, 2007, 01:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

I don't have a beef with customizing Mopars. 
I have a beef with the fact that a few big-name shops can do no wrong and the primary way to get on that list is to spend huge money.

The Strope car's paint is ugly, the swapped taillight panel is questionable, and the stock suspension is rediculous with those hi-po wheels/tires. 
The car mags would be pointing that out if it had been a cheaper buildup, a no-name builder, and a 383.

70charger_boy

If their was one car guy I would have a problem with is Barry White, from California.  If you watch "Wrecks to riches" on TLC he takes a junkyard car and has 4 weeks to make it look good then sells it at auction.  The final product looks good, but I know the bodywork can't be that great.  The thing that gets me is his cars fetch alot of money at auction.  All the cars he makes has the same drivetrain, brakes, suspension and stupid SMC logo.  He is the real enemy not Steve Strope

Dodge Don

Personally I don't like custom jobs. That is just my taste.

Go ahead and customize whatever you want, just don't expect everyone to like it. I don't think guys that customize should be on the receiving end of long rants on why it isn't liked....a simple "not my cup of tea" (per se) would suffice. Nor should folks who don't like custom jobs be on the receiving end of long rants about how we should (per se) like it or at least appreciate it.

MadScientist

Death1970Proof

Quote from: 70charger_boy on May 18, 2007, 02:45:49 PM
I would hate to post any pics of my customized 70 charger.  You guys would rip me to shreds!!! The Strope charger looks great.  It's a MOPAR aren't all mopars great?

I actually feel the same way. Whether people love or hate custom chargers cant anyone respect the fact that someone probably worked hard and invested lots of time and hard earned $$ into it?? I love the strope '70 ...but really love the white '68!!!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

suntech

I am not a fan of the paintjob, but the car is nice! The white 68 is real cool, with nice stance. I think there are 19´s front / rear on both of them, and i think i would have gone down to 18´s.
But it looks awesome with the 345´s filling up the wheelwells as they do!! :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Back N Black

Why?  :rotz:                       Its just a 3 dressed up as a 9.

Ghoste

I think everyone respects the time and money put into customizing but you have to be prepared for comments good OR bad if you do one.  If you customize a car and never show it, that's one thing, but if you change stuff around and then display it to the world to say "look what I've done", you pretty much have to accept whatever comes your way.

chargerrt

I can't believe so many people dog this car.  The bodywork on this car might be the the best/cleanest I've seen on any Charger (or at least a '70).  I love the black paint.  I love how they took that stupid rubber thing inbetween the fender and the front bumper off.  The wheels and tires give the car a mean stance.  Of course there are a few things I wouldn't do to my personal car, but I'll definitely be using a few of the ideas from this car on mine when I get into a full blown resto after college.   I'm sure there will be a few of you folks who might hate it when it's done...oh well

Here's a cool video of the car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxvNxGvDUos&feature=related

Death1970Proof

Quote from: chargerrt on April 08, 2008, 07:49:56 PM
I can't believe so many people dog this car.  The bodywork on this car might be the the best/cleanest I've seen on any Charger (or at least a '70).  I love the black paint.  I love how they took that stupid rubber thing inbetween the fender and the front bumper off.  The wheels and tires give the car a mean stance.  Of course there are a few things I wouldn't do to my personal car, but I'll definitely be using a few of the ideas from this car on mine when I get into a full blown resto after college.   I'm sure there will be a few of you folks who might hate it when it's done...oh well

Here's a cool video of the car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxvNxGvDUos&feature=related

Your '70 looks great! If you modded it, it would still look great!!! I just now noticed that the rubber filler is gone. Another one of the cars subtle mods.  I wonder how they did that.... ??? Lotta welding involved Im sure. I think that car is different and thats why Im diggin on it :2thumbs:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

chargerrt

69chargerboy

Quote from: autodynamics on May 15, 2007, 02:53:20 AM
Thanks for the compliment guys... As far as the Mopar world goes it seems like there is a big problem with a "custom " charger, or a custom mopar! I think our hobby  has come along way. For so many years mopar's were left to rot and there were not that many upgrades available unlike for the  Ford and Chevy guys. Finally Mopars have caught up to the rest of the  automotive world and we bash customizers for that. I don't get it. Strope's car's aren't  the best but he does bring a new type of interest into the hobby. Maybe i don't agree totally with Strope's newest creation but you guys are very close minded when a car is not done "concourse". The truth is the cars 68-70 are one of the sexiest bad ass designs of all times. Sometimes a different wheel, a different stance really helps the cars appearance out. Sometimes i wonder how many of you guys really like cars like mine Mr. Angry and Norways chargers? seems like "we ruined our rides by not making them "concourse" but then if we did we would be just like everybody else. Its a shame to read that the "paint is too shinny" and the "wheels are to big" When all that in fact is bringing more attention to our hobby than ever. I don't agree with how big some of these wheels are or the interiors or big "hemi motors" I think that we should all see the car in person before driving an axe through the heart of the build. We all know that our cars really don't handle and steer or brake very well in factory trim. Upgrades like suspension brakes and steering are not just"cosmetic pieces" these really DO work and hopefully one day everyone of you "concourse" guys get to ride in a custom mopar and feel the difference, and give a thumbs up to all the mopar world. Ilove all types of chargers, for what they are and represent. Im not bashing anyone but it would be nice to read "not bad" "too much for me" or "man that looks good" instead of "should of left it stock" We should love our hobby not hate the build....
Pete

I agree with Pete. Don't get me wrong, I love to see an un-restored or concourse resto Mopar. But when I saw Petes, Mr. Angry, Keepats and Norways restoration mods, I was taken aback. I was VERY impressed  :drool5:  I was impressed to see the finished product in their vision improving this legendary muscle car. That inspired me to do the same..... In my opinion, do what you want, concourse resto or restomod, your keeping these cars from being forgotten, rotting or crushed. 
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

autodynamics

thanks chargerboy............................. i do know one thing for a fact the guys on this board have to be the most biased one sided crabbiest old farts on any board. its amazing how many guys i meet with chargers that say i don't post on that board there are too many one sided mopar bashing guys there. too bad.... i would love to see some of you guys in person and and see you guys bash other peoples cars in person....not hiding behind your screens... just remember guys "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME"

69chargerboy

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

1969chargerrtse

I'm one of those guys that likes to see things stock as I remember them back then.  But I got to tell you that is the nice custom charger I have ever seen.  Absolutely perfect.  Fantastic job.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Blown70

I happen to like the car overall.  But, then I am in to modifed cars more so.  I would have just went all black myself but I would not knock the car just becasue I dont like paint.

Cars I like the best on the site in no particular order.

NYCmille
AutoDynamics
Norway
MSracing89
Chargerboy69
gj69charger
Black-N-Blown

Death1970Proof

Quote from: autodynamics on April 08, 2008, 10:19:16 PM
thanks chargerboy............................. i do know one thing for a fact the guys on this board have to be the most biased one sided crabbiest old farts on any board. its amazing how many guys i meet with chargers that say i don't post on that board there are too many one sided mopar bashing guys there. too bad.... i would love to see some of you guys in person and and see you guys bash other peoples cars in person....not hiding behind your screens... just remember guys "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME"

This is one of the best replies I have heard yet.... :yesnod: :iagree: It seems most would rather criticize some one for customizing a car than commend them for saving it! Im glad to know preservation comes in more than 1 flavor myself  :Twocents:

Ghoste

Why?  I don't criticize you for liking it, why would you criticize me for not liking it.  It's two different viewpoints and we are all entitled to them.

moparstuart

Quote from: Death1970Proof on April 09, 2008, 11:53:12 AM
Quote from: autodynamics on April 08, 2008, 10:19:16 PM

This is one of the best replies I have heard yet.... :yesnod: :iagree: It seems most would rather criticize some one for customizing a car than commend them for saving it! Im glad to know preservation comes in more than 1 flavor myself  :Twocents:
I agree , I tend to lean more towards the stock looking cars my self , but it would be boring if they all looked the same .  We all like different things but we need to learn to appricate other peoples visions , creativity and effort!  :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Ghoste on April 09, 2008, 11:59:23 AM
Why?  I don't criticize you for liking it, why would you criticize me for not liking it.  It's two different viewpoints and we are all entitled to them.

Whoa there, Im not out to criticize anyone's view of the car. Im just saying Im glad that some people do things a little different  :Twocents:
I like the stock and custom crowd just fine  :cheers:

Ghoste

Okay, just misunderstanding the direction the thread was going I guess.  It seemed like the ones who don't like the car didn't like the car but those that do were coming down on the people who didn't.  My apologies.