News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318 Magnum

Started by 74340charger, May 09, 2007, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74340charger

My dad's 300,000 mile plus engine in his 96 1500 is losing coolant and over heating. it isnt leaking out the regular places, and is not going into the oil, could it be the thermostat?

chargerbr549

Most of the Magnum style heads always crack between the seats so I it would be a good chance that it may be your problem, usually your exhaust will be a white color smoke coming out and smell like burned antifreeze.

Kevin

Plumcrazy

I've replaced a lot of thermostat gaskets on those engines. Look to see if it's all crusty around the thermostat housing.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

74340charger

okay, the thermostat was plugged, and so was one side of the radiator. So a really good proffesional flush and quick napa run, the 350,000 mile truck was back out doing daily driver duties and leaving 25ft rubber marks. if you don't believe it, I'll try to post some pics of the street. this is a bone stock 96 1500. see ya.