News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

front disc brake problem

Started by stick, May 09, 2007, 09:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick

the front calipers will freeze up on me after braking about 5x. i then have to release the pressure at the master cylinder by loosening the lines and the calipers release. i then start all over again, use the brakes 5x and then the fronts freeze. could this be the master or the proportioning valve. i'm using the mopar performance master. thanks

71charger_fan

How are your front hoses? If they're old, they might be collapsed internally.

stick

resq302

sounds like the master isnt returning and all you are doing is pumping up pressure into the system.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

John_Kunkel

:iagree: The rear piston in the MC is used for the front brakes and if the pushrod adjustment doesn't allow the piston to fully retract the compensating port will be covered and prevent the fluid f rom returning to the MC.

If it has manual brakes you need to shorten the pushrod; if power, the rod in the booster needs to be shortened likewise.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

resq302

could also be rust build up or a metal shaving that is preventing the piston inside the master cyl to move all the way back to its resting state.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto