News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Horse power estimate?

Started by 70sixpkrt, May 08, 2007, 10:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

It is a nice build. The six pack manifold is too restrictive. I think it would make a little more power with a good 4 barrel carb.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

firefighter3931

Quote from: 440mag on May 26, 2007, 08:03:00 PM
It would be nice to see how much difference it would make to take off the 6-pack and put on a Performer RPM and a 950 HP.  25 - 30 HP?

Sounds like a nice build.

The RPM is a dual plane like the 6-pack so i doubt there would be that much difference between the two. The 6-pack carbs flow ~ 950cfm when measured at 1.5in like the 4bbl holley carbs so the total cfm available is close. The 6-pack intake is descent.....just not as good as most  single planes such as the Street Dominator, TM7 and Victor. Those will make more horsepower but will hurt the torque numbers below 3500. I saw this first hand when mine was on the dyno and we tested all of those manifolds....the dual plane lost 30hp on the top end but made 30ftlbs more tq below 3500. It's a trade off in power....TQ for HP.

I went with the Street Dominator for hood clearance and mostly because it was the best match for my custom cam profile, gearing (4.10's) and stall speed (4200)  ;)

On a mostly street car with 3.54 gears a dual plane is the better choice, inmo....and 6-packs are cool !  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70sixpkrt

Well Ron, here is my time slip from today. This is with BFG T/As. I could not get my buddies MT ET streets. I am really happy with the 13.01 mph. I am trying to get a slip with 12.99 or better with street tires. I am right there. It is really hard to go off the line with a 4-speed. It felt really good! ;D

firefighter3931

Nice Ricky.....now the fun begins !  :icon_smile_cool:

First off ; the MPH is descent and 108mph is good for low 12's once you get it to 60ft. Time to get a set of slicks or MT drag radials and get the short times sorted out.  ;)

My buddy's Cuda 60's in the 1.58 range and has the same 1/8th mile mph (86) as yours and the car runs low 12's and has dipped into the high 11's.....your's should be pretty darn close once it's sorted out.  :icon_smile_big: The 3.54's are hurting you a bit but that's what it is so you have to live with it.

So how do you like it ? There must be a noticable difference in power ?

Congrats on getting it together and making a few passes....it will only get better !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70sixpkrt

Ron I like it. I have noticed a big difference from my last set up. I one think I noticed is the torque. It pulls harder. I know I have to get some better tires. I know the 3:54 is hurting me but it is a street car and I love driving it on the freeway.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on June 17, 2007, 11:45:19 AM
Ron I like it. I have noticed a big difference from my last set up. I one think I noticed is the torque. It pulls harder. I know I have to get some better tires. I know the 3:54 is hurting me but it is a street car and I love driving it on the freeway.

Cool....i figured you'd notice a big difference. That's the E-heads and tight lash solid cam.....both help bigtime with Torque !  :yesnod:

Street/strip cars are allways a compromise.....the 3.54's might cost you a few tenths in ET but you have to balance that with the overall drivability of the car and more importantly ; what you can live with on the hwy.  ;)

Ron