News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how lucky am I or are we to own a Charger?

Started by CB, May 08, 2007, 12:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

sorry for the guys who don't own a Mopar yet but I was wondering.
Sometimes it is just a muscle car which I take for granted, I paid for it.
But on the other hand I think owning such a car is privilege.
You're with me?
Sorry for the  :musik010: thread.
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

41husk

I agree, I have two Chargers and a Challenger and some times I need to pinch myself.  I just love these cars.  Infact my buddy ownes a 72 RR nice driver needs a paint job, but he has had to store it outside since his dad took back the garage space he was letting him use.  My Challenger and 68 Charger are at my house, and the 73 is in being painted.  I usualy keep it in the garage at the mopad so I have a garage spot open and told him he could use it until I got my car back.  I had to move it Sunday to get my 73 Charger hood out and noticed it was filthy from being kept outside so long, so I washed it.  It aint even my car!  I think I have a problem!  I love them all my favorite mopar is my next one.  I really think if I could get a Daytona or SuperBird clone, I might stop gathering these things?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

CHARGERMAN2007_69

Ya we are lucky.  I have a 1971 charger se 500 that originaly had a super bee 383 in it.  I've always wondered is super bee spelled with a space ofr all together :-\
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

hutch

nothing else like them and they dont make new ones.  never sell it, leave it to your kids and let them fight over your dead body for it.  I just love em.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Argos_Chargers

I have a 318 '70 500.  I've driven new cars that are quicker than mine, that handle better than mine, that are faster than mine and that are nore luxurious than mine.  No other car I've driven gives me the feeling of sheer joy that I have when I jump in my Charger's driver seat!

No one ever did, or probably ever will, match that MoPar styling.  I have yet to get into a car that fits me so perfectly.  I can (and have) driven 16 hour days in the car without any discomfort.  My Charger just feels like an extension of me...it's hard to explain.  And yes, I know that I am extremely lucky and privelidged to have that '70.

This is not to run down any of my other MoPars, all of which I think are incredible cars.  Even though many will scoff, I think my '78 and '79 Magnums are the tops, I would never trade off my '66 Charger and even my '66 Valiant and my '81 Mirada are keepers in my eyes.  How can you sell one of these jewels?

Argo
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

Old Moparz

Interesting topic, but I have to "disagree" if I want to consider it being luck to be an owner of a classic Mopar. (I don't mean this in a sarcastic or disrespectful way either.) Any car I have had, or own currently, is because I worked, earned a paycheck, saved up some play money, & bought what I wanted. There is some luck involved, but that's more about finding the ad first, being in the right place at the right time, or missing out on one car, & finding another that's better. Of course there's bad luck too, but it gets overshadowed most times by the good.

If any luck is really involved, maybe it's that I am lucky to be able to be in the position of having my health so I can pursue my hobby. Also lucky that I have a family who is supportive of a hobby I like & enjoy. Also lucky that I haven't had a natural disaster wipe me out to where I own nothing but rubble. I feel bad for a lot of people when I hear about how someone's spouse is jealous of a car, or forces a sale of one to redecorate the house. I'll never understand that part of some relationships, & wouldn't tolerate it anyway.

My definition of luck would be calling about an ad for "An old Plymouth" for $500 & seeing a genuine Hemi Cuda when you get there.   :o
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

CB

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 08, 2007, 03:17:04 PM
Interesting topic, but I have to "disagree" if I want to consider it being luck to be an owner of a classic Mopar. (I don't mean this in a sarcastic or disrespectful way either.) Any car I have had, or own currently, is because I worked, earned a paycheck, saved up some play money, & bought what I wanted. There is some luck involved, but that's more about finding the ad first, being in the right place at the right time, or missing out on one car, & finding another that's better. Of course there's bad luck too, but it gets overshadowed most times by the good.

If any luck is really involved, maybe it's that I am lucky to be able to be in the position of having my health so I can pursue my hobby. Also lucky that I have a family who is supportive of a hobby I like & enjoy. Also lucky that I haven't had a natural disaster wipe me out to where I own nothing but rubble. I feel bad for a lot of people when I hear about how someone's spouse is jealous of a car, or forces a sale of one to redecorate the house. I'll never understand that part of some relationships, & wouldn't tolerate it anyway.

My definition of luck would be calling about an ad for "An old Plymouth" for $500 & seeing a genuine Hemi Cuda when you get there.   :o

yes, OldMopars, that's why I stated
''Sometimes it is just a muscle car which I take for granted, I paid for it.''
I am more talking about taking such a thing for granted. If money wasn't the issue maybe then you wouldn't appreciate owning such a classic.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

THE COLONEL

I still say to myself....."I own a 69 Dodge Charger"!!!!!  I still can't believe it that my dream came true!
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

1BAD68

Quote from: CB on May 08, 2007, 03:47:17 PM

I am more talking about taking such a thing for granted. If money wasn't the issue maybe then you wouldn't appreciate owning such a classic.

I agree, if you are rich I think it would take some of the excitement out of it. There's something about finding a Mopar, striking a deal, dragging it home, spending many hours spilling blood and sweat and chunks of skin bringing it back from near death, until one special day when you fire it up and take it for its first drive when everything comes together and you realize that money just cant buy the feeling you have pushing that pedal down and the rear end swings over and there's a cloud of smoke in the rear view mirror. Its like your first girlfriend, you'll never forget it.
I still go into the garage everyday just to look at it sitting there, waiting.

41husk

Yep at 3:30 this morning I woke up and opened the door to the garage turned on the light looked at the 68 for a few minutes, then went back to bed.  I did work hard to be able to do that but still be fortunate to have a hobby and cars that can give me pleasure just by looking at them, don't even get me started on mashing down that gas pedal!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

CB

Quoteand you realize that money just cant buy the feeling you have pushing that pedal down and the rear end swings over and there's a cloud of smoke in the rear view mirror. Its like your first girlfriend, you'll never forget it.

you being that kinky?  j/k :D

still working on it to get my Charger to that point of swinging and smoking :icon_smile_blackeye:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CHARGERMAN2007_69

Ya i got my car when i was 12 and had it for 4 years
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

BlueSS454

I considered myself lucky to own the cars that I do.  One of the reasons I am able to own the cars that I do is I am able to work on all aspects of them myself.  If I had to pay to have work done, I'd never be able to enjoy this hobby nor afford it.  Here is a pic of 3 of the cars together...

Tom Rightler

69-DodgeCharger

Back N Black

Quote from: BlueSS454 on May 09, 2007, 10:20:49 PM
I considered myself lucky to own the cars that I do.  One of the reasons I am able to own the cars that I do is I am able to work on all aspects of them myself.  If I had to pay to have work done, I'd never be able to enjoy this hobby nor afford it.  Here is a pic of 3 of the cars together...

Hey BlueSS454 nice rides,you have 2 of my all time favorite muscle cars, the 70 SS and The Charger. :yesnod:

BB1

I have had a Charger since my 17 birthday so I never felt lucky. Only after I sold it in 95 did I realize what I had. Then the next ten years were what I call the "dark years," I was lost without a Charger. Since I purchased my 68 I fell like a kid again, brought new life and filled me with unbelievable joy.

It's better than sex.
Delete my profile

6670charger

I've had my 66 for 19 years now.  It wasn't what I initially set out to buy, but it has really grown on me over the years.  I love it!  I'm driving it daily right now out of necessity.  I've considered buying a new car for daily, but after driving my 66 every day, I'm tempted to keep right on going and just take care of it.  Still be a downer during the winter months, but 7 months out of the year will be great.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 1BAD68 on May 09, 2007, 08:41:24 AM
Quote from: CB on May 08, 2007, 03:47:17 PM

I agree, if you are rich I think it would take some of the excitement out of it. There's something about finding a Mopar, striking a deal, dragging it home, spending many hours spilling blood and sweat and chunks of skin bringing it back from near death, until one special day when you fire it up and take it for its first drive when everything comes together and you realize that money just cant buy the feeling you have pushing that pedal down and the rear end swings over and there's a cloud of smoke in the rear view mirror. Its like your first girlfriend, you'll never forget it.
I still go into the garage everyday just to look at it sitting there, waiting.

True Dat'. :iagree: :iagree:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: Well,.. i guess there was some kinda' luck a friend called me about a black car he saw from the freeway that had a white stripe around the back.
I guess it was luck it wasn't crushed before i got there.
I guess it was luck it was rusty and stripped of the entire interior and drivetrain so i could actually afford it.
I guess it was luck it was a genuine R/T S.E. with alot of options like A/C and P.S and P.B.s.

But, it was nothing but good old fashioned hard work, two jobs, lots of skinned knuckles and weekly visits to junkyards and the daily ritual of religiously scanning Hemmings and the Classifieds that brought her back from the dead...   :RantExplode:

...you kids with your doggone internet..  :flame:

HeavyFuel

I hear ya, CB, and I agree.

I think some of the folks posting are getting a little caught up in your choice of words.  Maybe "fortunate" captures your feelings better than "lucky".