News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fitting of headliner bows

Started by c5_nc, May 07, 2007, 12:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c5_nc

The headliner was uninstalled when I bought my 68 Charger.  I did test fitting of the bows in last night.  I think I have in order. On the 1st bow toward front of car, the bow is maybe 1/8" or so from the roof.  The other 5 bows all touch against the roof pretty firmly.  I was wondering if this is correct?  I don't any prior experience installing a headliner.  I took out the one on my Olds 442 I thought they were close but not touching.  On the Charger it does not look like it would hold correctly.  The rear 5 all would stay in place, but I would think it would wear the headliner materal that way.  The front bow that is not touching I don't see how it would hold up being loose.  This is all against a bare roof.  I was planinng on using spray adheasive to attached 6oz jute insulation to roof.  Maybe two layers on front section to support that bow. 

JimShine

There is actually a color code system for the rods. There are colored dabs of paint on the ends. Has anyone here recorded the color code?

c5_nc

I'm pretty sure they are all in correct order.  Are they suppost to be touching roof though?  They aren't touching in my oldsmobile I was surprised.

Silver R/T

yes they do touch the roof. Headliner insulator pad goes in between also.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

c5_nc

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 08, 2007, 07:56:55 PM
yes they do touch the roof. Headliner insulator pad goes in between also.

Thanks!.  I have one alittle short for some reason, maybe will double up insulation there or something to get it firm.

terrible one

I'm sure you got it right. They vary enough to where if one is in the wrong spot it will show pretty well. I'm sure the one that's a bit loose will be fine too. Remember, they didn't come out perfect. Good luck!