News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever get bored with their Charger? with pics

Started by 69pistolgripRT, May 04, 2007, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DodgeByDave

Quote from: 1BAD68 on May 15, 2007, 01:32:18 PM
"Anyone ever get bored with their Charger? with pics"

No. But I bought one of my dream cars once and got bored with it pretty quickly, all original #'s matching 69 1/2 A12 SuperBee, then sold it and bought my 68 Charger.
Even though technically its a #'s matching car, its only a 318 and I'm able to do whatever I want to it and still sleep good at night.

I had a fancy high dollar muscle car, never could "enjoy" it. It went to a good home and it gets pampered and looked at. Now I just get body's or basket cases that it doesn't matter if I wreck one. I still have parts left over from my first one that will be used on the one I'm fooling with now.

Bored with a Charger? IMHO I don't think thats possible. If it's in "repair", thats always a challenge. Some of my most epic tool throwing episodes have come at the hands of the dodge ball joint. If it's a driver :drive:. If that isn't exciting, get a bigger engine!!!!!
III, we are everywhere

440AirForce

Great wheels! Thats the EXACT color I was looking for. Wats the paint code??

Dwayne
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

autodynamics

6.1 costs?????
well here are some raw numbers motor 5000-6000k
accessories a/c ps/ alt 1000k
trans 5 speed keisler 4500k
computer and harness 1700k
aluminum radiator 500-1000k
fuel lines 200k
gas tank new with intank pump 1000k
starter 140
headers 700
motor mounts 175
accessories to make it all work 2000k
so i would factor about 16-20k in the swap
not to mention allot of incidentals, all in all i enjoy my modern day mopar more than ever. i love the power, fuel economy , the o/d trans the pure pleasure it is to drive and turn and stop. i would say that if i gave any of you guys a ride i guarantee that you too would say it was worth it. so far the car takes about 250k per tank. thats a BIG improvement over my lazy 318 that i had. I have to say that i wanted a charger since i was 8 years old and always wanted a driver/ performer. thats why i did the 6.1. its a modern day machine in my eyes. is it the best......no but its mine and i plan on drivng the balls off of it....

Lostsheep

That is an awesome color, would love to see some more pics. :coolgleamA: