News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Creative Industries building as it looks today

Started by Ghoste, May 04, 2007, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I was in the Detroit area last weekend so I thought I'd go by the address that Doug had kindly provided for the location of Creative Industries in 1969.  I have been past this building hundreds of times and I never even knew what it was.  It's very close to where Mancini Racing is located and even closer to where Gratiot Auto Supply was back when they were still around.

Ghoste

Ghoste

Coming to the back of the building. (sorry to post these all separate but I can't seem to make the multiple post feature work properly)

Ghoste

The back lot from the other side.

Ghoste

Last one.  I took quite a few more and some of the neighborhood but I think you get the idea.

Brock Samson

Thanks! those are great shots, what would be nice is to also see the old time back in the day shots too...
i can't get multiple shots to appear on a single post either,..  :-\ but that don't stop Chris G from bustin my balls about it.  :smash:
   ;D

Ghoste

There are some pics of it back in the day on the site here someplace.   The car hauler thread in this forum I believe and another thread I can't recall.
Chris busts everyones balls.  I think it's a 70 thing.  ;)

hemigeno

Great shots, Ghoste!  Thanks for posting them...

Are you guys clicking on the "more attachments" to open up additional attachment boxes?  I haven't ever had any problems posting multiple pictures that way.

Ghoste

Yeah, I am.  Sometimes it works, but most of the time it seems to kick out on me whenever I try it.  A lot of times I have to run preview before I can post as well or it kicks out too.  A glitch on my end I'm sure of it.
There are a bunch of those sort of buildings in the Detroit area but this one really shocked me just for the sheer number of times I had been past it. 

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on May 04, 2007, 07:21:11 PM
Chris busts everyones balls.  I think it's a 70 thing.  ;)

How dare you. :P I know for a fact Brock can add multiple pics to his posts. He's just trying to catch your post count, let's just lay it on the table.  ;) Although I do agree with Brock in saying it would be cool to see the pics side by side with the old ones.

ps- Here's your pics in the same post and the same size.  :icon_smile_wink:

Ghoste

Thanks Chris, now if you could just get my computer to allow the multiple pic thing, I'd be all set.

Brock Samson

No Chris,.  fact is I'm just incontinent..  :-\

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigBlockSam

looks like a big bakery . that's here by me.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on May 06, 2007, 10:07:31 AM
Thanks Chris, now if you could just get my computer to allow the multiple pic thing, I'd be all set.

Send me your address, and I can be there within the hour.  ;)

ps- Brock, seek medical attention my friend.  :yesnod:

Fitz73Chrgr

What was Creative Industries?  I'm guessing the company that did Daytona/Superbird conversions for Chrysler?
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Just 6T9 CHGR

See the below pic to add more than one attachment in a post.....click it up to 3 times to add 4 pics per post max,........
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

daytonalo

I thought I was the only one who rode the short bus !!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikepmcs

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on May 06, 2007, 08:29:48 PM
What was Creative Industries?  I'm guessing the company that did Daytona/Superbird conversions for Chrysler?

Yes, I believe so.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ghoste

Yes, Creative was the subcontractor who did the Daytona conversions for Dodge.  As for the more attachments option, I know how to do it, what I am saying is that when I try to use that option, my computer won't accept the option.  When I try to us it, as soon as I hit post, it will think about it for a while, then it comes back and basically tells me to go screw myself.  It doesn't happen ever time, but enough that I've given up and just send pics one at a time now.  For the number of pics I submit, it's only been a small inconvenience.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

wow did you do the photoshop on that photo yourself there Chris? That looks like something I'd draw. And I don't even make good stick figures.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

69_500

Gotta give credit where credit is due right. :)

If I had done that, you wouldnt have been able to tell those were arrows.