News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

funny daytona story

Started by BigBlockSam, September 13, 2005, 07:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

hey

last sat. my buddy Ernie went to the whiskey cafe. they have a big car show every sat. cool show. he said alot of cars had left already. there was a killer daytona there, looked like the day it came out of the factory. he talked to the guy and asked him some questions for me. Ernie is helping me with my daytona project. the guy said good buy. my friends hang out to watch him pull out.  click, click.  the $150000 car won't start. my friends offered to push him but he said no. he was gonna go inside and have another beer.
   he was embarrassed. Man that sucks!  I've been there . you go from feeling so good to feeling 2 feet tall.  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ChargerSG

A good story, i have a 12k Charger and it allways start :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

MoparYoungGun

I have a similar story. We were taking our Buick to one if not the biggest hot rod show in the country that happens locally. Anywho, we were sitting in traffic, having not moved a foot in the last 20-30 minutes, surrounded by other classics and hot rods. The HOT light and OIL PRESS light both come on simultaneously. Pulled over to the side of the road, ended up having to have it towed home. That was definitely embarrassing :yesnod: .

beenaround

cudaken

Yea, I have sort of the same story but I was on the wrong end of it. Spent 5 years redoing my 69 Charger Rusted / Trash. First time I drove it in 5 years I was at a gas station. Was getting thumb's up and lot of questions. Try to start her and she caught on fire! Could not get the F--king hood open (long story on that part).

I was not freaking till I saw the black smoke pouring out from under the hood! Then it was freakville. I was ready to kick in the grill till a guy in a Dodge ram gave me a screw driver to get the hood up.

By the way, a 68 Charger hood latch DOES NOT WORK ON A 69 Charger! That the reason the PIC I post of my Charger the hood is either in primer or flat black. Did not want to fix the hood again!

Second time I drove it, can you say HAIL STROM? Boy I lucked out in that one. One dent and the rest of the car's I stopped at the over pass on the highway where beaten to death! ;D :angel:

Cuda Ken

I am back

Chris G.

Rene, that car had problems from the get go. He was in a parking lot for an hour before they tried to jump it just to get to the show. They actually push started it. This is NOT the same Daytona you crawled into, to check out the package tray last year.

BTW, That Daytona is going up for sale at a whopping 250K. Wanna bet he gets over 200K for it? It's one of, if not the nicest restored Daytona's. I think Vance Cummings did it.

BigBlockSam

hey Chris
  i thought that was your friends daytona. that car is one of the finest restorations i've ever seen so is your car. sweeeeeeeeet
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

dd44068

Hey BIGBLOCKSAM that would not be thr Wiskey Cafe in Lyndhurst nj would it. If so which one is yours, I try to get there when ever I can.

BigBlockSam

hey
  glad to meet you. my name is Rene. see the red 39 plymouth coup on the bottom of my post. thats the car that i usually take to the whiskey. the black daytona replica on the left won't be ready till the spring. Peace

Daytona Guy

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 13, 2005, 07:29:40 PM
hey

The $150000 car won't start. my friends offered to push him but he said no. he was gonna go inside and have another beer.

Maybe the Daytona had a Breathalyzer on it and it just saved his life and others.  ;D

BigBlockSam

i think it made him drink more   :brickwall:

hotrod98

Right after finishing my 71 cuda, I tried (emphasize tried) to drive my car to a local car show. There's usually between 250 and 300 cars attending this show. The car died right there on the main drag into town with almost every one of those 250 to 300 cars driving by. I almost died from the embarrassment. Unfortunately, I had loaned my car trailer out to my brother for the weekend so I decided to use the old reliable Ford tractor to pull it the two miles home. Well, by the time I got everything organized to make the trek home, the car show ended and those 250 to 300 cars came driving back by and saw my latest embarrassment. Here it is seven years later and I still get a cold sweat every year when it comes time to drive to that car show. BTW, I had forgotten to change the filter on the pickup tube in the fuel tank. One of the few items that I didn't replace with new parts. I figured it out shortly after getting the car back to the house.  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 13, 2005, 09:59:49 PM
hey Chris
i thought that was your friends daytona. that car is one of the finest restorations i've ever seen so is your car. sweeeeeeeeet

Chris' friends car is all original, unrestored survivor......

Any pics of this other Daytona?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mustanghater

our convertible top on our satillite wouldn't go up when it started to rain at a show so it was left out in the rain through the whole storm.Good thing it wasn't restored yet or we would have been in trouble.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Chris G.

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 14, 2005, 05:16:55 PM
Chris' friends car is all original, unrestored survivor......

Any pics of this other Daytona?

Chris, you got it already. It's an R4(I think) 4spd Daytona. Of course I can't find the pics right now, but I know you have them. It's been over a year, so you may need to dig a little.

Just 6T9 CHGR

This one??
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

I've seen that red Daytona at a show somewhere too (Columbus???).  I was once hoping to get a pic of it and a black 500 out of WV (?) with a plate that said "NO WING" together.  Got separate ones of both cars but I thought the two together would be a nice photo.

Chris G.

This one (found the picture at work). If you can't find the tag, let me know and I'll send it again.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlockSam

my rod wouldn't start today. the batts are 8 yrs old. they lasted this long cause i keep them plugged in but they haven't been plugged in for 2 month. i was hoping to make it till the spring, then buy 2 optima red tops. i put the slow charger on them. i want to go to the whiskey cafe tomarrow, but i don't wanna get stuck there. Rene