News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The sad part is...what sort of idiot would pay $4,500 for an old beer can?? And especially damn near $20K for one?? :crazy: :image_294343:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

Quote from: Charger_Fan on February 05, 2009, 01:12:38 PM
The sad part is...what sort of idiot would pay $4,500 for an old beer can?? And especially damn near $20K for one?? :crazy: :image_294343:

The same kind of people that pay 10,000 for a vintage Zippo lighter and a 50,000 dollar Hot Wheel  ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on February 05, 2009, 03:02:46 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on February 05, 2009, 01:12:38 PM

The same kind of people that pay 10,000 for a vintage Zippo lighter and a 50,000 dollar Hot Wheel  ::)
I know a guy here local who sold a hot wheels one off prototype ( pink surfer micro-bus ) for over 70k enought to buy his viper 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

Well, beer cans are easier to store than cars so if you're going to collect really expensive items I say go for the smallest ones.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Shakey

Quote from: Troy on February 05, 2009, 05:44:58 PM
Well, beer cans are easier to store than cars so if you're going to collect really expensive items I say go for the smallest ones.

Troy

Like diamonds!   :yesnod:

hemi-hampton

I cant fit my car in my Basement like I can 3,000 cans. LEON.

hemi-hampton

MORE

hemi-hampton

MORE

hemi-hampton

I like the older cone top & flat top beer cans from the 1930's. LEON.

hemi-hampton

hemi-hampton

MORE :o

hemi-hampton

The70RT

Damn LEON  :o Do you have a lot of high dollar ones? I wouldn't know the difference.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tan top

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 05, 2009, 09:14:52 PM

:o  wow thats a intresting hobby :yesnod:   :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dave22443

Those older cans look like they should be holding brake fluid instead of something to drink. 

I wonder how many people actually made that mistake over the years?  :P

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

PocketThunder

Quote from: tan top on February 06, 2009, 05:40:54 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 05, 2009, 09:14:52 PM

:o  wow thats a intresting hobby :yesnod:   :popcrn:

You should recycle all those cans, and buy more beer with the proceeds!!!  :icon_smile_big:     :cheers:   :slap: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Ok, I'll admit, that's pretty impressive. :cheers:
Still, I can't understand paying anything more than maybe $20 tops for an old can.

How many of those have you found by using the 'ol metal detector?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikepmcs

HOLY SH++BALLS!!!!!!!!!!! :o :scared: :scared:

Leon,
Do you have this one?  If not, PM me your address and it's on the way.

PS:  Those 2 top shelves in the one picture need some support.  Hate to see you lose those bottles.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigRed66

Wow, man, that's an  :o AWESOME :o beer can collection!!! I used to collect back in the late `70's and into the `80's, but once I started actually drinking them, I sorta fell off the collecting wagon, and sold my collection to a guy for 500 bucks. I had some gooood cans...flat tops, conetops, air cans...probably worth 10 times that now. Found a lot of them in the hills of W. Va. with a Radio Shack metal detector around some relatives' houses.

Hey, Hampton...for the uninitiated, how about a few Glamour Shots of your Olde Frothingslosh cans? Thanks, buddy.  :icon_smile_big:
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

hemi-hampton

Mike, I dont have that sign but I like it, I have a few Genesee Cans, Had a couple of Genesee signs before. If you want to send I'll pay shipping & a little more. Let me know how much to send. e-mail me or pm me for my Address. THANKS, LEON

P.S. Big Red, Yeah, I got a few different Olde Frothingsloths. Including the rare 8 ounce flat from the 50's & the rare first brown colored can from 68 & many others.

hemi-hampton

The 70 r/t, I sold most my High Dollar ones in first collection (about 100 of them) to put down payment on my house, Then sold part of second collection(about 50 of them) to buy my Unrestored original FK5 1970 Dodge Charger R/T. That $4,500 beer can really helped out there. Heres a Pic of that can if anybody wants to see what a rare $4,500 can looks like :scratchchin: LEON.

Manfred318

Wow thats really cool hampton. Maybe I should start looking around for some old cans :scratchchin:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Manfred318 on February 06, 2009, 06:54:12 PM
Wow thats really cool hampton. Maybe I should start looking around for some old cans :scratchchin:

I have a crap load of old beer cans...not as old as Leon's but 70s & 80s :scratchchin: Anyways, here's 2 pictures I took last Saturday.

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemi-hampton

Bronzy, your not even old enough to drink are you :rofl:   What bridge is that :scratchchin: LEON.

SeattleCharger

He lives in Canada, maybe the drinking age there is 14?         oops, 16, heh,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.