News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Dodge Charger Tail panel Color?

Started by Back N Black, April 28, 2007, 07:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

OK i know this question has been asked a dozen times but my can is going to be painted black ,does the tailpanel go satin black or body color.I have noticed a couple with body color(gloss black) and some with satin black.Just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance

resq302

Back,

Originally the factory applied something called Organisol.  Organisol is a textured satin black paint almost like a krylon semi flat black paint with fine sand thrown in.

Here is a link to it from Moparts.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=A12&Number=2225641&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BlueSS454

You could also do what I did on mine.  I used some black basecoat over top of an epoxy primer.  I sprayed 2 coats for coverage, then turned the fan on the gun off, held it back about 18 inches and dusted a coat on to get the texttured effect:

If you need some closer up pics, let me know.
Tom Rightler

Back N Black

Thanks for the info guys and BlueSS454 yor car is looking very nice!

Mike DC

Hey!  Don't you know the General Lee was always supposed to have an orange taillight panel?

:D