News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No spark

Started by Heck2G14, April 24, 2007, 05:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heck2G14

68 charger electronic ignition 440

Just got it back together.  Ive got no spark at cylinder #1 or from the coil unsure of the process to finish chasing the issue backwards.  New distributor and ballast resistor at one point and time there was a large quanity of smoke coming from the resistor any help will be appreciated thank you.

Heck2G14

since posting. new chrome ecu and voltage regulator and ballast good ground to firewall.  my couil is a blaster 2  i did position it horizontal could that be an issue. Still no spark.  Got battery on charger now hoping low batt may be contributing any suggestions?? :brickwall:

Animal

Check you got power to ballast on start & run , sometimes the balast will smoke, no prob, check you have power to + side of coil.

Ballast is out the equation on start up.

Heck2G14

How would I check for that a jump wire from the positive that will spark on a ground when ignitiobn on?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Heck2G14 on April 24, 2007, 08:15:16 PM
How would I check for that a jump wire from the positive that will spark on a ground when ignitiobn on?

do you have a test light?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Heck2G14

YEP, KK ILL TRY TOMORROW,  just got back from the emergency room. while waiting for battery to charge I decided id mount the new aluminum radiator. well i was drilling a hole and my left hand went off wondering on its own and founds it way infront of the drill bit when it came through backside of metal( hand lost that battle). nothing stitches and a tetnus shot didnt take care of.  Thanks guys keep suggestions coming this is really starting to get on my nerves.