News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Hemi XP???

Started by chargerrt, April 23, 2007, 11:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt

So, I was flipping through the April/May 1995 issue of Mopar Muscle and in one of the articles the writer mentioned that the first Charger 500 that rolled of the assembly line for the 1970 model year was a hemi car.  Of course, the hemi wasn't an engine option for the 500 model in 1970....Does anybody know if this car still exists and, if so, are there any pictures of it?  Does anybody know any thing about it?\

Chad

Skued

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

TeeWJay426

It showed up at Carlisle several years ago for sale.... first and last time I saw or heard any more about it. That's where that pic was taken.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

chargerrt

Ahhhh niiiice.  I should have known to look at the 1970 Registry.  Thanks!

Charger1973

The stickers have got to go...

chargerrt

I also didn't notice the hemi emblem on the fender.... ???

Chad L. Magee

Howie in NJ owns it now.  He also owns the second 1970 Charger built (I found it for him on ebay, so that they would become a set) as well as a few other noteable Mopars.  The second Charger was a loaded RT/SE (440-4bbl.) sold down in Texas.  Last time I talked to him (a few years ago), he was getting ready to restore them.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Ghoste

The pair make for an interesting contrast to display together don't they?

Chad L. Magee

I hope to see them at the nationals together someday, that was my motivation for letting Howie know about the second one.  He offered me a finders fee, but I declined as I just wanted the pair reunited anyway.  To me, it was the right thing to do.........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

1970dodgecharger

Just curious how much were they asking for the first 70 charger at Carisle a few years back.  Anybody remember.  Allan

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 1970dodgecharger on April 25, 2007, 10:50:50 PM
Just curious how much were they asking for the first 70 charger at Carisle a few years back.  Anybody remember.  Allan
:iagree:               :popcrn:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

I thought it was in MCG but I can't seem to find it in my back issues now.  I'm pretty sure it was in one of the Mopar mags when it was for sale though.