News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to pull a 8.75

Started by CharlieCharger, April 23, 2007, 05:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieCharger

I tried to find a topic on this, and I'm sure there is, but I couldn't find one..But what kind of car could I pull in a junkyard a 8.75 that would fit in my 72 S.E, most didn't come with a sure grip rear right? so I would have to buy a set of new gears and install the unit..I know nothing about rear ends thats for sure...again I'm sorry if I couldn't find a previous post..If anyone could help me out with a way I could go about this..right now I have a 8.25 2.93..I would appreciate it..thanks!
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

mikepmcs

Charlie
Read this in full, it might help. :icon_smile_big:

http://www.mopar1.us/875.html

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RD

71 through 78 b body mopars have the same rear axle/housing width

73 up have a larger diameter hole for the isolated springs.  it will fit on a 71/72, but you will need to make a spacer to fit the inner diameter so that the axle will not move.

exact fit, find a 71/72 b body

what can work, a 70 through 74 e body, relocate the spring perches out about 1/2" (close cant remember right off).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

CharlieCharger

Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris