News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spring Carlisle

Started by Bob, April 23, 2007, 06:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Saturday drove over to the swapmeet. It should have been called All GM & Ford. 99.9% other than Chrysler. Seen 4 chargers 4 sale, 3 first gen and one 2nd gen. After 6 hours of walking I seen enough Mopar parts to fill a pick up. It's a good thing parking and entry fee was free. The biggets thing I noticed was you could build a Chevelle from the ground up, including  body and frame, with all new parts, I mean re-pops.
I guess all in all it was still nice. It was still automotive related and a day to myself.
Bob

Just 6T9 CHGR

:iagree:  Chris G & I were there Fri & Sat  No real bargains & major inflated prices.

Funniest think was an F8 green 69 RR for sale.....had a price of 62k to start on Friday.....Friday night price deopped to 48k

Saturday morning the price was down to 28k :haha:    don't know if it sold :shruggy:

If you were in the market for a 68-72 convertible Oldsmobile you has plenty to choose from....there was at least 10 of those for sale....Olds & Pontiac were plentyful
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Bob

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on April 23, 2007, 07:11:36 AM
:iagree:  Chris G & I were there Fri & Sat  No real bargains & major inflated prices.

Funniest think was an F8 green 69 RR for sale.....had a price of 62k to start on Friday.....Friday night price deopped to 48k

Saturday morning the price was down to 28k :haha:    don't know if it sold :shruggy:

If you were in the market for a 68-72 convertible Oldsmobile you has plenty to choose from....there was at least 10 of those for sale....Olds & Pontiac were plentyful

Did you see the 68 red Charger. Needed total resto. Asking, $13,000.00   Sold $13,000.00  In my humble opinion, $8,000.00 tops. But what the heck, it's whatever someone is willing to pay.
PS...The only Charger on the cover of the Spring Carlisle Magazine was a 3rd Gen. :D

Old Moparz

Quote from: Bob on April 23, 2007, 06:28:32 AM
Saturday drove over to the swapmeet. It should have been called All GM & Ford. 99.9% other than Chrysler. Seen 4 chargers 4 sale, 3 first gen and one 2nd gen. After 6 hours of walking I seen enough Mopar parts to fill a pick up. It's a good thing parking and entry fee was free. The biggets thing I noticed was you could build a Chevelle from the ground up, including  body and frame, with all new parts, I mean re-pops.
I guess all in all it was still nice. It was still automotive related and a day to myself.
Bob

Free? All the years I've been going there, there's always an admission fee to both spring & fall shows. Did you crawl under the fence?  :D

Years ago before the Mopar only show in the summer there were some decent parts. Always outnumbered by Ford & Chevy, but I always found something. You're right though, not much anymore for Mopar. I almost went this spring, but some bonehead friend of mine got married & scheduled a party this past weekend.    ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BrianShaughnessy

About 4 of my friends  pack up and head out in one of their motor homes and have a drunken weekend away from the wives at the spring show.   It's not my gig.  I hate the drive to Chrysler Carlisle as it is.  I don't need to spend 3 days there and come back with nothing.

I'd just as soon go to the Englishtown swap... that's where I'm going this Saturday.    Those same guys are going with me or I'm going with them or whatever.    Theres many of the same vendors at Etown.    And it's half the distance to drive for me.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BMOTOXSTAR

Have any pic's from the meet? I know, that meet usually sucks. I went 10 years ago & it was the same. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Bob

As far as free...I have passes from Members First Credit Union and I parked at the National Guard. Since I'm retired Army I park for free. I only took 3 pictures and they were 3 of the 4 Chargers I seen. I'll have to get them off my camera and post. I almost forgot about those. I did score a very nice set of tail light lenses for a 73/74 mixed with a bunch of GM lenses. He did not know there value so I got them, well..lets just say any cheaper and he would have to give them to me free.
Thanks
Bob

BMOTOXSTAR

Here is a list of some shows that are worth going to.
Bob, where in PA do you live? The Mopar show in Chardon, Ohio, is worth a 2-3 hour drive. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Bob

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on April 24, 2007, 07:24:27 AM
Here is a list of some shows that are worth going to.
Bob, where in PA do you live? The Mopar show in Chardon, Ohio, is worth a 2-3 hour drive. :yesnod:

About 6 miles south of Gettysburg. More south central.