News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory Roof Filler

Started by The70RT, April 22, 2007, 04:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

My factory filler on the rear sail pillars looks like it isn't even there it looks so good. Should I remove it anyway?  ??? A vinyl top will be going back on. If I remove it should I go with the strand fiberglass reinforced filler or some sort of all metal or metal to metal? Thanks.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger-Bodie

personally i would take it out, sand blast the seam epoxy prime and then a coat of all metal or you could also use the strand fiberglass .............better to be safe than sorry if there would happen to be any rust under there !!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

The70RT

I went ahead and removed it. There was some small bubbles of rust up about an inch by the drip rails. It looked great everywhere else. Now I guess I will have peace of mind. Thanks for the heads up.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

The70RT

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 22, 2007, 07:43:16 PM
isn't it lead?

There is lead but only about 2-3 inches towards the rear window from there to the end of the drip rail is filler. One side had a lot more than the other ???

Charger1973

Quote from: The70RT on April 22, 2007, 07:46:36 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on April 22, 2007, 07:43:16 PM
isn't it lead?

There is lead but only about 2-3 inches towards the rear window from there to the end of the drip rail is filler. One side had a lot more than the other ???

My 73 was the same way.  Thats how they came.