News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior floor rust. How to "doctor it up?"

Started by bull, April 21, 2007, 01:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71_Charger_R/T

If you want a product that isn't a paint like POR15. SEM makes a product called rust-mort. It is a phosphoric acid compound that converts the iron oxide (rust) to iron phosphate, which is a rust inhibitor. (that's why they phosphate coat sheat rock screws) You want to remove as much rust as possible before applying it, the rust you cant get at in the little pits can be converted with the rust converter then you resurface as normal. It's kind of like having a surgeon remove all the cancer he can then getting chemo to stall the rest. make no mistake rust is like cancer you will not stop it, only slow it down. I restored a 68 MG-B for a friend about 10 years ago using this product, the car is stored outdoors and is still very very nice.

ck1

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on May 03, 2007, 09:46:06 PM
If you want a product that isn't a paint like POR15. SEM makes a product called rust-mort. It is a phosphoric acid compound that converts the iron oxide (rust) to iron phosphate, which is a rust inhibitor. (that's why they phosphate coat sheat rock screws) You want to remove as much rust as possible before applying it, the rust you cant get at in the little pits can be converted with the rust converter then you resurface as normal. It's kind of like having a surgeon remove all the cancer he can then getting chemo to stall the rest. make no mistake rust is like cancer you will not stop it, only slow it down. I restored a 68 MG-B for a friend about 10 years ago using this product, the car is stored outdoors and is still very very nice.
you know my friend from high school who is into auto body and paint told me about this stuff when i first got my car, but I couldn't find the stuff anyware? dam i do a yahoo search...........
CJK

71_Charger_R/T

Try this link. http://www.sem.ws/product.php?product_id=164   It's real easy to use (just make sure you wear rubber gloves or your fingers start to get really slippery as your skin starts to melt off!)