News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GROUP BUY on Dash Bezel Re-chrome.

Started by Charger Aficionado, April 19, 2007, 11:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on April 23, 2007, 10:05:00 AM
What about 66-7 Charger bezels- does this include those?
Absolutley!  Send them on in! 

lilwendal

I'm in for 4 sets.  I'll get them out this week.  What do you predict turn time will be?  Thanks for the great opportunity!

Recharger

Do you guys also do the center A/C vents?  If so, is that included at the same price as a substitute for the 2 small corner pieces on the non-A/C cars?  I really wish this had come up a few months ago, I really don't know if I feel like tearing my dash apart again...  :-\

runningman

I will send my 68 set in as well, any idea on prices for the armrest bezels?   Thanks alot.  Matt

bull

So I assume this is a vacuum plating process, correct? Do you have any sample pics you could post? How many have you done?

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: bull on April 24, 2007, 03:57:07 PM
So I assume this is a vacuum plating process, correct? Do you have any sample pics you could post? How many have you done?

No, Bull I do not have photos yet.  as stated above, we just recieved the machine.  The owner of PPR flew to the company that makes the machinery, and was trained on it.  He will be plating your items.  I know he has photos of items he has done while at the company, and I will post them when I get them.  I

bull

Any plans on doing the arm rest bases? That would seem like a much easier place to start and I believe it uses the same process.

Troy

Quote from: bull on April 26, 2007, 01:33:14 PM
Any plans on doing the arm rest bases? That would seem like a much easier place to start and I believe it uses the same process.
Just FYI - arm rest bases are being reproduced already. They probably cheaper than replating but there's always the issue of accuracy.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Troy on April 26, 2007, 03:30:36 PM
Just FYI - arm rest bases are being reproduced already. They probably cheaper than replating but there's always the issue of accuracy.

Troy

I just talked to the owner of PPR about it, and he says he is willing to do them, but we haven't established a price for them.  With the amount of material involved, it may be more beneficial just to buy the reproductions.  I believe they are $129 front, and $99 rear, or is that way off?  I cannot find anything on eBay...  I'm hoping that instead of paying $230, we can do your old ones for $125ish...?  I'll try to set something up, and get an example posted-up soon. 

bull

Quote from: Troy on April 26, 2007, 03:30:36 PM

Troy

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of them getting some practice on something a little less "decorative" than dash bezels to start out on. Plus, many guys prefer restored original parts over reproduction (I do) so I think there will always be a market for that service.

Silver R/T

theyre already offered by other companies. You can get full set on ebay.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Recharger

Quote from: Recharger on April 24, 2007, 02:02:53 AM
Do you guys also do the center A/C vents?  If so, is that included at the same price as a substitute for the 2 small corner pieces on the non-A/C cars? 

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Recharger on April 28, 2007, 03:48:02 AM
Quote from: Recharger on April 24, 2007, 02:02:53 AM
Do you guys also do the center A/C vents?  If so, is that included at the same price as a substitute for the 2 small corner pieces on the non-A/C cars?

Sounds like a GOOD IDEA (as a substitute.  If you have a FIVE PEICE dash allready, it will be another $20 bucks (6 peices all-together)... 

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:

thanks man i'll look at my budget..

daytonalo

I was working on the taillight bezel in plastic !!

Doright

I am interested in having some third gen stuff done knobs,buttons, window switch's ect can your guy handle the little stuff too? as well as the dash assembly for the third gen.

With the switches I just need the tops done not the bottoms is that possible? if I take the swithches apart of course?
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

runningman

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: runningman on May 16, 2007, 04:19:57 PM
Any pics yet??

I will have pics VERY SOON.  I just took apart my dash bezel from my '69, and I'm having Steve do it to show you guys.  AND, the headlamps switches will be done too!  I can't do the dimmer wheel though (too many grooves).  I'll take before and after photos.  I know it'll look great!  Talk to you guys soon. 

runningman

daytona71

Hey all
Another place to check out is  http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/
Ive seen their work, and its awesome. Dashes, arm rests anything plastic-chromed

8WHEELER

Quote from: daytona71 on May 30, 2007, 09:03:18 PM
Hey all
Another place to check out is  http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/
Ive seen their work, and its awesome. Dashes, arm rests anything plastic-chromed

I have used chuck for over 12yrs, his work is second to none   :yesnod: :yesnod:
And he is a4 great guy. But there is getting to be lots of competition.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Charger Aficionado

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I have been traveling.  I did secure two '68 dash peices (block-off plates), and a broken cluster bezel that we will chrome this week.  I lost the dash bezel I had, (with car) but here is the chrome on the new '69 tailamp rings we are producing:

Please call  972 548 7056 for any further information.

Silver R/T

anyone sent their stuff? Got any pics that you can post. I need to send mine in soon.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Old Moparz

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 22, 2007, 07:22:37 PM
whatever happened to this?

It is Premiere Plastics.

I'm bumping this since the grille topic with negative comments is current. This thread started very early in the year with a website link to a site that was under construction.

http://5pgrilles.com/

It's still under construction.   ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus