News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralLeeTESH

Yep-I use it in my wife's 66 FB  ! 
The TESH

jdf

maybe the rearend from under a lincoln towncar or a crown vic cop car would be a little wider to fit the charger right . they should also be disc 9 inch i think .

GeneralLeeTESH

NO. The wider ones have the coil-over and panhard bar setups with 2 link setups (not for leaf spring use). Stick with the 78-80 Lincoln Versailles or Granada rearends !
The TESH

jdf

is the granada wider then the versailles ?

learical1

Versailles is a glorified Granada--same width
Bruce

GeneralLeeTESH

Yes-but Granadas ONLY came with drum brakes; whereas, the Versailles were DB rear-ends-With Trac-Loc (POSIs) !
The TESH

jdf

why couldn't you buy a older model ltd rear end or something like that . would be the right width for the charger and a nine inch on top of that . then take the gears and disc off of the versailles rear end put on the wider 9 inch then put it right under the charger .just a thought  :shruggy:

pettybird

Quote from: jdf on June 23, 2009, 11:54:00 AM
why couldn't you buy a older model ltd rear end or something like that . would be the right width for the charger and a nine inch on top of that . then take the gears and disc off of the versailles rear end put on the wider 9 inch then put it right under the charger .just a thought  :shruggy:

compare what you wrote with knocking off and re-welding on a pair of perches  ;)

jdf

pettybird

I'm unfamiliar with the perch-to-perch width of the LTD rear--is it exactly right?  if it isn't you'd have to do the same thing anyway.

you'd also have to make sure the axles stick out the same amount out of either housing to avoid problems with the caliper mounting brackets.  you'd also have to know if the hub diameters are the same. 

If the perches are spot on, and the axles are compatible with discs you'd be on your way.  I think I'd still have the perches added or moved to make sure the pinion angle is right. 

learical1

LTD/Galaxie 65 and newer = rear coils

LTD II/Torino 72 and newer = rear coils

Little LTD (83-86) = no 9", 8.8 if you're lucky and rear coils
Bruce

GeneralLeeTESH

Well-Jimmy HEMI and I attended the Metro Bus Employees Car Show today. We brought Herbie, The Duketona and the Rumble Bee !
We walked away with The Duketona scoring a People's choice 2nd Place  trolphy and the Love Bug HERBIE scored a 3rd place in People's choice ! NOT Bad fo Duketona's 1st Car Show !!! :cheers:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Oh-by the way-the Sublime 73 CUDA took 1st place !
Mopars-1st n 2nd
The Germans- 3rd

Chevrolet-LAST like it SHOULD be !!!    :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: ;D :cheers: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :hah: :nana: :nana: :D :smilielol: :lol:
The TESH

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

:2thumbs: congrats on all those,.. ya' tried the ejection seat yet?..  :popcrn:

GeneralLeeTESH

HEEEEE  Mo....
The TESH

tan top

congratulations  :cheers: :coolgleamA: good job  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

AirborneSilva

teamroth

Awesome Tesh. When do we get new vids?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

GeneralLeeTESH

Will try this coming weekend ! Vintage races is then.
Lookie here:

www.sovren.org
The TESH

Neal_J

Congrats!~

Curious:  Was the '68 Olds next to truck nice?

GeneralLeeTESH

Yes it was a nice 100% National Show perfect car-a HURST 4 speed edition at that !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

I went and visited the Orting Police Dept. They have a HEMI squad car. I showed them a HEMI car !   :hah: :nana: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :smilielol: :lol:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Took DUKETONA to Aluminum Head Welders in Auburn, WA. to see Dave Day and thank him for all his help on my car. He built my rearend on the car and built the Bellhousing. If any of you need Dave to build anything for your car-he even welds cast iron and aluminum as a specialty. He fixes blown up blocks and heads all day long ! He is at: 253-740-3342.  Molly my 7 yr old daughter loved his HEMI dragster !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Move over Shirley Muldowney...Here's MISS Molly-the new MISS HEMI girl !!!  :nana:
The TESH