News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Mark, just check that rotella, I don't think they put all the good stuff in there like they used to.  Ron has expounded on this subject on different threads.  You might want to get some GM EOS or Comp break in to add to your oil changes for the added goodies(zddp or something like that)
I am by no means questioning your smarts, just trying to save you some cash. :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

AirborneSilva

Amsoil makes a great filtration system too http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/bf.aspx be sure to use dealer number 1620067 (sorry for the shameless plug   :icon_smile_big:)

Aero426

New CJ grade Rotella with the flower on the bottle is not the old Rotella.  Avoid the new CJ grade diesel oils as they have reduced levels of Zinc and Phoshate.

GeneralLeeTESH

$ 212  and it's HERE !  Take a close look....  :o : :yesnod: :drool5: :icon_smile_big:
The TESH

TUFCAT

Using the unscientific ratio of engine cost per filter cost...it may be actually worth it for the added protection.

teamroth

Tesh, be sure to let us know how it goes, I was considering one for the harley.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

GeneralLeeTESH

They make one for the Harley. Should give you increased oil flow, better cleaner oil and higher oil pressure and improved Hp  !!!
The TESH

teamroth

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on May 22, 2009, 09:01:28 PM
They make one for the Harley. Should give you increased oil flow, better cleaner oil and higher oil pressure and improved Hp  !!!
I saw that, that's why I wanted to see how you like yours. It seems like a noble concept.

GeneralLeeTESH

Well-put the new oil filter on today...check it out !  I saw an increase in overall oil pressure  by 7 psi...I now have 51 psi @ idle !!! Steady as a rock !!!  I also found 2 cracks in the exhaust manifold (RHS) and pulled it off to have it brazed/stop drilled. I'll put it on and drive her next weekend !!!
The TESH

oldcarnut

Is that adapter able to be rotated 90 deg so that when the filter is screwed out it doesn't run oil out everywhere? I see in your application there might not be room with the pipe.  I use to have one on my 318 Charger but I'm going to start looking for the 383-440 because I hate it when the oil wants to leak out when backing off the filter.

GeneralLeeTESH

Yes-you can buy wither the 90 degree or the 270 degree filter adapters from Wilcap. I chose the 90 degree filter for ease of installation !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Well-my kids wanted to decorate the DUKETONA in style-NASCAR-era magnetic "instant race-car" stickers !!!
We had fun !   :scratchchin: :cheers:
The TESH

AirborneSilva

That looks cool, I think you should make them permanent  :2thumbs:

GeneralLeeTESH

OK Troop- I'll leave them on there !  :icon_smile_big:
The TESH

hotrod98

That actually looks pretty good. My vote is to leave them on.  :2thumbs:
We're planning to do something similar to Howie's Nascar Dytona clone when it's finished.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on May 28, 2009, 10:17:22 PM
Well-my kids wanted to decorate the DUKETONA in style-NASCAR-era magnetic "instant race-car" stickers !!!
We had fun !   :scratchchin: :cheers:

Its lookin pretty sweet :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: personally by how many u have there id divy them up between the front 2 fenders :icon_smile_big:

GeneralLeeTESH

Thanks- I WILL !- Besides...The COPS love them...esp the Ejection Seat  !!!
The TESH

69bronzeT5

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on May 29, 2009, 01:13:17 PM
Thanks- I WILL !- Besides...The COPS love them...esp the Ejection Seat  !!!

One problem....all your gonna hit is steel roof!!! :icon_smile_big: :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

GeneralLeeTESH

No-the squibbs are not in the seat...and no propellant in the rockets !   :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: :nana:
The TESH

moparstuart

:popcrn:  wayne perkins real hemi daytona 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GeneralLeeTESH

Awesome !  Hell YES  !!!   :cheers:   :o
The TESH

teamroth

Tesh when do we get some videos where we get to see you work that HEMI a bit?

GeneralLeeTESH

Hopefully after this weekend. I am trying to gracefully put 2000 miles on the rings (so they will seat) in the motor. I also am doing a lot of brake testing with it! I had it up to 80 on the freeway the other day and felt the rear of the car sink down a bit and the front end seemed a lot lighter and the steering (manual box  of course) felt like power assist !  :o
The TESH

teamroth

Cool man. Can't wait. Enjoy brother, I know we will when we get to see it.

GeneralLeeTESH

Well-learned a lesson this week...ALWAYS bring a spare tire and jack with you when you do "Testing and Tuning" !!   :yesnod: :slap: :rotz: :scratchchin:
The TESH