News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 21, 2009, 08:25:01 PM
From my experience two years ago, I had the same exhaust on my 68 and the fumes would roll up the side of the car and come in the windows.  I would suggest you run the exhaust the rest of the way back and save yourself a possible headache.
:Twocents:

Paul

I had that on my 5 liter mustang for a summer and a half, and I would totally agree.

it also sounded totally badass.

GeneralLeeTESH

Gents-I am not planning on standing still for long jaunts...this car will be DRIVEN and the exhaust will exit with NO problems !  :yesnod: :lol:
IN the mean time- I installed my Gnd cable, fuel line routing and HOLLEY fuel regulator ! Take a look !
The TESH

Big Sugar

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on March 22, 2009, 09:08:48 PM
Gents-I am not planning on standing still for long jaunts...this car will be DRIVEN and the exhaust will exit with NO problems !  :yesnod: :lol:
IN the mean time- I installed my Gnd cable, fuel line routing and HOLLEY fuel regulator ! Take a look !

I'd consider losing that plasic Fuel filter and opt for a metal one, and maybe a little further away from the Fuel Regulator.

You bump that plasic one and it'll leak.....right onto your header..

Food for Thought
Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

BPTRacing

May not be an issue, but FYI, NHRA prohibits fuel regulators, filters or other fuel junction blocks within 6-inches of the firewall, and does not allow plastic fuel filters.
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

petercharger

does duketona live in the state of washington...near seattle?? :popcrn:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

GeneralLeeTESH

25 miles South of Seattle-in Sumner/Orting area !
tHE Fuel Filter shown is for mock-up purposes only ! Thank you for the concern ! I plan on running the fuel pressure indicator where it is shown and the fuel filter between the fuel tank and the fuel pump (under the car) and-yes that one is METAL !  :icon_smile_big:
The TESH

Big Sugar

I Thought it was strange, So you were just messin with us...Now put that filter back on your KIA.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Daytona2Be

If you can, I'd put the fuel filter after the pump.  Electric fuel pumps push much better than they pull! :Twocents:

GeneralLeeTESH

Roger that one-and I thank you !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Got the Fuel Filter installed just after the Elec Fuel pump to "Push" fuel up to my Fuel Regulator @ the firewall ! Then spent more time installing wire bundles, incl. bypassing my ammeter !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Carbs will run level....
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Bypassed the ammeter and wired  in a 40 Amp DC thermal-circuit breaker !

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4VA80
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Installed the Interior controls panel also...take a look !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Finished up the wiring today ! Pic shows the taillights on. Headlites are not installed yet (this is after a complete engine/elec systems check and thorough engine run !-Then the front end and hood go back on the car !:cheers:
The TESH

Hemidog

GeneralLeeTESH

Roger that one- I'll change em out tonite with the correct ones !
Thank you !
The TESH

Hemidog

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on March 30, 2009, 01:14:46 PM
Roger that one- I'll change em out tonite with the correct ones !
Thank you !
:2thumbs:

loudmouthaussie

nice progress. cant wait to see some vid footage  :cheers:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

hotrod98

Are you sure you weren't born south of the Mason-Dixon line? Except for the wing, that project could be at any one of a dozen shops around this part of the south. But only at my shop would you see a wing on a b-body.  ;D
Lookin' good.  :2thumbs:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

GeneralLeeTESH

This weekend-i HOPE to run the Duketona and get a video. Will be looking for oil leaks, water leaks, elec. "smoke", etc. I will run it one foot above the ground on my lift. Finished the wiring last night-man WHAT a shoe-horn job ! The Alternator/belts/fan and radiator hoses go on tonight. The Carbs and linkages set ups go on Fri nite. Stay Tuned !!!  :yesnod: :drool5:
The TESH

PocketThunder

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on April 02, 2009, 11:56:45 AM
This weekend-i HOPE to run the Duketona and get a video. Will be looking for oil leaks, water leaks, elec. "smoke", etc. I will run it one foot above the ground on my lift. Finished the wiring last night-man WHAT a shoe-horn job ! The Alternator/belts/fan and radiator hoses go on tonight. The Carbs and linkages set ups go on Fri nite. Stay Tuned !!!  :yesnod: :drool5:

This thread started on April 15, 2007, 08:21:02 AM   You just might have this project on the road in under 2 years!   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GeneralLeeTESH

Got the Fan and alternator installed with their prospective belts tonite. Dual 4V carbs with progressive linkage and fuel log with pressure gage go on tomorrow night along with the radiator and hoses. Saturday/Sunday I will run the car and take a video, which I will post up on Monday morning ! Yee Haw  !!!   :smilielol: :yesnod: :laugh: :icon_smile_cool: :drool5: :cheers: :scratchchin:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

:popcrn:
The TESH