News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

The one Landy had is the one in Tom Hoovers Barracuda, which I believe Hoover no longer has either.  (did Arruza buy the car from him and wasn't it auctioned off a couple of years ago?

GeneralLeeTESH

I am in process right now of dropping the motor in...BUT-I had eye surgery this week...doctor says wait 2 weeks before I can put strain on the eye !
Stay tuned.... :icon_smile_blackeye:
The TESH

maxwellwedge

Use a hoist - Not your eye!   :lol:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on February 11, 2009, 09:13:54 AM
The one Landy had is the one in Tom Hoovers Barracuda, which I believe Hoover no longer has either.  (did Arruza buy the car from him and wasn't it auctioned off a couple of years ago?

yes i think your right !   i remember reading about that not so long ago , b5 blue notch back wasn't it :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-Started the HEMIengine installation today. Installed my custom Alt-bracket and then the Clutch plate, Pilot Bearing, Pressure plate; then, finally the bellhousing, clutchfork and clutch throw out bearing and bellhousing clutch fork dust-boot. My friend Mark Richardson from England, who also is building a 354 HEMI-powered Rat Rod came over to help  out !
Jimmy "HEMI" Majors stopped by and assisted cleaning of the shop and moving vehicles around ! He is building a Hemi for his GSS  68 Dart !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

more...
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

more...
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Lastly...
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Got the Duketona "staged" to roll out on the lift for HEMI INSTALLATION NEXT WEEKEND !
The TESH

Lizey

why the sublime green wing?
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

tan top

good progress pictures  :yesnod: i wondered whats been happening  :coolgleamA:  ..looking forward to seeing more updates & maybe a video whan its in & running  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

The70RT

Quote from: Lizey on February 22, 2009, 05:46:49 PM

You have to read the whole thread. Here is ten reasons.....guess which one.

1. He is an Air Force Veteran and was the youngest one ever to get this Green Wings.
2. His grandfather use to own John Deere and he passed on now and this is a tribute to him.
3. It will be the first hydrogen powered Duketona to go green.
4. It was used in the first Monster Energy Drink 500 as a pace car.
5. He is the president of Ducks Unlimited and and is one of 3 people to get the Mallard "Green Wing Award" on his first outing.
6. He set the National Bi-wing Association air speed record after painting his plane this color and will run the Daytona at the salt flats this season to try and duplicate the record on land.
7. He sued Kentucky Fried Chicken and got a ton of money because of chicken wings he ate had gang greene and he pickets the restaurant regularly now in the Duketona.
8. He get in free at the golf courses when he drives to the green in the Duketona
9. He was dared by other members here to do it if he would drive it to MATS this year. If he does he gets around 5K from members here.
10. His eyesight is terrible and he forgets where he park at the mall but now he never will again  :rofl:

Sorry Tesh but I thought I would break in a newbie for ya :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

loudmouthaussie

Quote from: Lizey on February 22, 2009, 05:46:49 PM

have read this from page 1 (before the haters were edited) and all i can say is  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

good to see some progress pics. thought this thread had been offically 'jacked' for a bit  :cheers:

1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

TUFCAT

Quote from: The70RT on February 22, 2009, 09:05:23 PM

1. He is an Air Force Veteran and was the youngest one ever to get this Green Wings.
2. His grandfather use to own John Deere and he passed on now and this is a tribute to him.
3. It will be the first hydrogen powered Duketona to go green.
4. It was used in the first Monster Energy Drink 500 as a pace car.
5. He is the president of Ducks Unlimited and and is one of 3 people to get the Mallard "Green Wing Award" on his first outing.
6. He set the National Bi-wing Association air speed record after painting his plane this color and will run the Daytona at the salt flats this season to try and duplicate the record on land.
7. He sued Kentucky Fried Chicken and got a ton of money because of chicken wings he ate had gang greene and he pickets the restaurant regularly now in the Duketona.
8. He get in free at the golf courses when he drives to the green in the Duketona
9. He was dared by other members here to do it if he would drive it to MATS this year. If he does he gets around 5K from members here.
10. His eyesight is terrible and he forgets where he park at the mall but now he never will again  :rofl:

After much deliberation, I think the only correct answer can be #1 right? These were all very good choices :icon_smile_wink: in fact, I was actually tied with the John Deere tribute. :D

moparstuart

I think it's lime green to match the birdible   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

GeneralLeeTESH

Yes Stuart-That answer IS correct ! I was truly INSPIRED by you-and I LOVE Lime-Light Green. In 1970-when I was in kindergarten- I had a little vinyl suitcase, which i carried to school, which was Lime-light Green ! I also remember shopping for a new muscle car in 1970 with my father in Seattle...and we looked at a 70 GTX, which was Limelight green as was a 70 Superbird in the showroom ! Also- in regards to John Deere (DE), I own 600 shares of their stock !  :icon_smile_big:
The TESH

AirborneSilva

Great pics Tesh, make sure you do take video so we can hear it running  :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on February 23, 2009, 10:25:25 AM
Yes Stuart-That answer IS correct ! I was truly INSPIRED by you-and I LOVE Lime-Light Green. In 1970-when I was in kindergarten- I had a little vinyl suitcase, which i carried to school, which was Lime-light Green ! I also remember shopping for a new muscle car in 1970 with my father in Seattle...and we looked at a 70 GTX, which was Limelight green as was a 70 Superbird in the showroom ! Also- in regards to John Deere (DE), I own 600 shares of their stock !  :icon_smile_big:

Going from memory earlier in the thread, i thought it was a Kawasaki motorcycle color and you liked it so much you decided to use that color for your wing?..??

Paul

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

GeneralLeeTESH

Yes Detective Paul-YOU ARE Correct !   :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :lol: :smilielol: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :icon_smile_tongue: :o
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Getting ready this Sat. to drop the engine/tranny all in @ once-roughly 1200 lbs ! Here's advice JR Barton gave me:
"For the mount that bolts to the block I used 318 mounts. Then just used big block rubber mounts. The 318 mounts will have to be altered some. While I had the engine in the air, I test fitted them and made my clearence grinds then. The engine is about two to three inches longer than a '60's big block, so I think I mounted them on the back side of the block ears to bring it forward a bit. Most everything past the back of the engine will have to be relocated, adjusted and or altered. 
You might have to modify the right shock tower for it to sit down in the mount."  Well said JR. He has a Daytona clone with a 392 HEMI in it ! Will do ! I noted in the photos attached an 18.20 inch spread between the outer mounting flange holes on the block. These should measure the same on the engine brackets you modify to fit the Frame brackets. This sets the HEMI 9.0 inches abobe the
upper half of the K-member just in front of the oil pan. The Left mount will be 1.0 inches ahead of the Right mount (just like the block).
The TESH

moparstuart

jr's daytona  he drives it everywhere and gets great gas mileage ,  tesh glad you got ahold of him .  :2thumbs: