News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralLeeTESH

OK. Here's 14 years ago flight testing the 777. Had a mascot named Ham with me that day !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

The safety wire prevents loosening of the fastener! In this case it is an exhaust bolt-made of Stainless Steel (non rusting metal). It provides the counter (against)-rotational torque necessary to prevent exhaust bolt loosening and fastener loss and a great tight exhaust manifolt-head fit !!!
The TESH

TUFCAT

Thanks.....I got it now. 

mikepmcs

and this would be that MILBAR spec tool

Nice touch on the wire job and Happy belated Birthday Mark.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

GeneralLeeTESH

Roger that one troop and I thank you !  I set up the engine run stand for the HEMI today with Bob Peterson. Also built a "Hemi Roll-around cart" for setting it on for transport AFTER we break in the cam/carbs for 1 hr @ 2200 rpm ! This will happen sometime next week !
The TESH

mikepmcs

Don't forget the video camera Mark :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

GeneralLeeTESH

Already plan to do that and have a YouTube link from here for it !
The TESH

TUFCAT

That wire trick is a cool idea...I never heard of it before. 

GeneralLeeTESH

It is not a "trick at all !" The safety wire has been used in civil and military aviation since before WW2  !!! :slap:
The TESH

The70RT

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on October 11, 2008, 07:47:01 PM
It is not a "trick at all !" The safety wire has been used in civil and military aviation since before WW2  !!! :slap:

No kiddin  :lol: I bought a crap load of aviation fasteners about 25 years ago and am still using them. Yeah those manifolds would be a bitch to get to after the motor is in  :eek2: Keep up the cool work.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AirborneSilva

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on October 09, 2008, 02:21:46 PM
OK. Here's 14 years ago flight testing the 777. Had a mascot named Ham with me that day !

WOW, and they even gave Ham a flight jacket  :lol: sorry Mark, it was there and I had to take it  :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

tesh   clean out your private message box , I have the info you wanted
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GeneralLeeTESH

Hemi-Bob  installed the Chrome dipstick tube, PCV valve and carb studs today along with the Water crossover setup (from Bob Walker @ www.HotHemiHeads.com). Aso shown is the new aternator, which needs bracketry fabbed.

Here is more engine build info on Bob if anyone in the NW needs a good mechanic !        http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pts/882620812.html
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

More pics of the fuel lines and progressive throttle linkage (today) Fri  10-17
The TESH

IowaCharger69

pettybird

we have a '70 chally 426 hemi car with that progressive linkage, and I ended up drilling a new hole higher in the front carb's arm to bring the front carb in more 'progressively'--did you use the existing low hole?  it bogged like hell when we got it as both carbs were attached at the top holes, and too far down made the car unhappy when nailed...

it's a pretty trick setup with the bronze slides, though.

GeneralLeeTESH

I'll let Bob know this. I do not know. He set it up. Did you use dual Edelbrock/Carter carbs or Holleys?
Also-the manifold I am using may be different than yours. I used Weiand. Also-the progressive linkage kit is made for the dual Edelbrock carbs BY Edelbrock. The dual feed line kit is from Summit FOR Dual Edelbrocks. :yesnod:
The TESH

pettybird

we had edelbrocks, too.  it's the same linkage stuff.  you may want to do nothing until the motor's in the car and running to see if it's ok.  the parts that came with the kit on our car (as we got the car) hooked to both upper large holes and pulled at the same time--it just killed the motor.  stock 426 linkage allows the second carb to open just ahead of both sets of secondaries. 

again i'd probably let it ride until you're able to drive it.  it's just one of those things to keep in the back of your mind for tuning...

knitz01

When you going to drop that bad boy in and get those tires smoking :shruggy:

GeneralLeeTESH

The engine is NOW on the engine run stand for break-in and " tweeking "  !!!     :scratchchin:
The TESH

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GeneralLeeTESH

Old School-SOOOO  Cool  !!!!!    :cheers:  :scratchchin:  :scratchchin:  :scratchchin:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

FOR PICTURES OF MY ENGINE ON THE RUN STAND-SEE Page 31 of this thread.............Next is Instrumentation installations, Water hose kit for test running the engine and installation of Electric fuel pump and carbs, Battery, Plug wires, plugs and distributor !
The TESH

BigBlockSam

Quotecheck out this early hemi

man that's a tough ride . no power steering or brakes . i like driving my cars .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

GeneralLeeTESH

TOUGH-that's the MANSWER  !!!    :2thumbs:  :scratchchin:
The TESH