News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

learical1

Bruce

AirborneSilva

Hey guys, I know Mark pretty well and while he dosen't appreciate the dumb ass remarks from morons he has thick enough skin to not let those of us who do appreciate what he is doing deter him from posting..  I do know how you feel though Charger boy, I don't post here as much as I used to, some of the noobs are, well morons who can't keep their negative comments to themselves...

TUFCAT

I've slowed down also.... and with Charger Boy on this one  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

pettybird

Quote from: 70charger_boy on November 13, 2007, 01:50:00 PM
Quote from: pettybird on November 13, 2007, 01:10:33 PM
that would be awesome.

updates?  updates?

I think Mark is done with the updates, because of all the unkind words about the girl and his car.  I have been known to be an ass, from time to time, but I would never mock someone else's car.  Especially, when the person posts 13 pages of everything done to his car, only to have HLPAG and others sign on and make ridiculous posts. 

If you want to know why the car is named Duktona, the answer lies in the first few pages of this thread.

If you want to know why the Wing is green I can surmise this,

Mark bought this car from HLPAG.  He feels that he bought a lemon, Green is the color of Lemonade.  Thus

The green wing.

I think Mark is a valuable member on this site.  If you do not like his car do not post.  It's the rude members (which are mostly noobs) which make me want to leave this site and join another site.  I have really had it with the bashing and feel it would be a shame to have this thread locked.

Mark, if you feel the need to want to continue with updates, you can PM, me.  I am looking forward to the hemi pics.  I am a car guy and am so far away from being a purist.  I just want to let you know that it takes guts and alot of hard work to do what you're doing.  Not to mention alot of $$$

Keep up the good work
Orlando

I appreciate your reason to rant, but I'm honestly looking for updates on the trans adapter, clutch, bell, etc, and how the motor's going to fit in the car.  I didn't mean to come off as mean...maybe a little cheesy?  I know NOTHING about early hemis except the distributor is in the back.  I've seen early wedge cross rams in B bodies, but not 1G hemis.  headers?  manifolds?  Post on!

Also, I maintain that the rising sun would be sweet on a roof.  I've read enough Sport Compact car, Super Street, etc. to be surprised that I haven't seen it done.  I'd also like to see the stars n' bars larger on the roof, like the union jack on Minis.  Imagine a blown-up flag extending down to the vinyl top trim...see?

Red Ram

Quote from: AirborneSilva on November 13, 2007, 06:54:34 PM
Hey guys, I know Mark pretty well and while he dosen't appreciate the dumb ass remarks from morons he has thick enough skin to not let those of us who do appreciate what he is doing deter him from posting..  I do know how you feel though Charger boy, I don't post here as much as I used to, some of the noobs are, well morons who can't keep their negative comments to themselves...

Thanks for keeping things positive.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

GeneralLeeTESH

OK Guys. I PLAN to KEEP this thread going, despite all negativity and uneducated comments. I am showing by engineering , pictures and the talents others (like Mopar Charlie Gluck share) that a non-stock car can BECOME anyone's recipie car. THIS IS what Hot-Rodding is all about !
I grew up remembering all MOPAR on the showroom floor brand new...and begged my father to buy a Superbird...more than once! My neighbor had a yellow BOSS 302 !
The HEMI will go in well, because others have done it...I purchased kit parts to do it, others have designed and ENGINEERED and machined parts to make it a reality!
I celebrate HISTORY and the early HEMI IS THE SHIT...always will be to me! I LOVE to go to auto museums and SEE the old rail jobs and gassers and Slingshots, etc! I am preserving a true AMERICAN ART FORM for my 3 boys and little girl. Each kid will get one of my cars to remember me by and continue the AMERICAN Legacy ! I do not care if the "original factory worker's booger is on the front seat" or the ORIGINAL carpet and old Cheerios are still ground into the carpet. I build cars TO HAVE FUN on the STREET/Track with-period! I do not WORSHIP or have a religion to my cars. I drive them and celebrate life with them-PERIOD ! Do you guys KNOW that a DC Electric powered car can outrun ANY Mopar in the quarter mile? Look here for fun/learning:   www.nedra.com

All for now-your LEADER
-The TESH
:scratchchin:
The TESH

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

Yes......... but I bet he gets his wing :engel016:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

70charger_boy

Geez, everybodies a comedian......... :slap:

<-------------------3,400

pettybird

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on November 14, 2007, 07:20:03 PMor the ORIGINAL carpet and old Cheerios are still ground into the carpet.

We found the Cheerios I installed in the car in the '70's when we pulled the back seat, along with a Long John Silver's coloring book...

Ghoste

I can probably find all kinds of Cheerios in the kids section of our minivan.  I wonder how much work it would be to age them so they appear 1970 vintage and then sell them on e-bay?  :smilielol:

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-here's  some automotive eye-candy. Colected up "a couple" A-833's and shifters. Anyhoo...the HEMI is going together with balance/blueprinting/forged crank, eage rods and forged pistons. Centerforce clutch, PP and throwout bearing. Patience grasshoppers....
GOOD things WILL come to those who WAIT. I promise ya'l...this Spring...she'll be roasting tyres !!!  :scratchchin:
The TESH

moparstuart

keep up the great work tesh
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GeneralLeeTESH

Found out WHY my wife got this computer desk so cheap ! Factory boogers !
I know the are not my kids'...cause they EAT them !   :scratchchin: :o ::) ::)
The TESH

pettybird

nice aluminum case trans...

GeneralLeeTESH

Anything "special" about steel vs aluminum cased tranny A 833s ???
The TESH

AirborneSilva

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on November 15, 2007, 11:05:25 AM
Found out WHY my wife got this computer desk so cheap ! Factory boogers !
I know the are not my kids'...cause they EAT them !   :scratchchin: :o ::) ::)

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are  :smilielol:  :rofl: :smilielol: :rofl: :smilielol: :rofl:

moparstuart

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on November 15, 2007, 04:43:55 PM
Anything "special" about steel vs aluminum cased tranny A 833s ???
with that big heavy cast iron board anchor you have under the hood any weight you can save with the aluminun will help

1968 Charger B5

I like how being negative coinsides with me being a "noob."  Well Tesh your idea is your idea and I have no problem with you wanting to build something that is cool to you, but don't post and ask for commments and think everyone will like it.  It seems I could build a brown wing car, with a green wing/stripe call it "Shit-tona" and be a hero around here.  Every one on here just kisses ass and I'm sorry for not jumping on that bandwagon.  Tesh your creation is acceptable and good luck with your project, just don't expect me to love it like everyone else, that is all Im saying. 
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

moparstuart

Quote from: 1968 Charger B5 on November 15, 2007, 05:52:13 PM
I like how being negative coinsides with me being a "noob."  Well Tesh your idea is your idea and I have no problem with you wanting to build something that is cool to you, but don't post and ask for commments and think everyone will like it.  It seems I could build a brown wing car, with a green wing/stripe call it "Shit-tona" and be a hero around here.  Every one on here just kisses ass and I'm sorry for not jumping on that bandwagon.  Tesh your creation is acceptable and good luck with your project, just don't expect me to love it like everyone else, that is all Im saying. 
i love his creativity and craftsmanship ,  you dont have to agree with his color combo , but keep the negitivity to your self and dont shit on other peoples projects 

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on November 15, 2007, 06:00:15 PM
    i love his creativity and craftsmanship ,  you dont have to agree with his color combo , but keep the negitivity to your self and dont shit on other peoples projects 

:iagree:

Rick (1968 Charger B5), I know you were part of the old D-C.com board and aren't exactly a noob.  However the negativity around here has reached a crescendo and will be stopped.  What may have worked on the old board and has been tolerated to some degree on this board is not how things are going to remain indefinitely.

So the color scheme isn't your favorite?  Fine.  It doesn't have to be.  Your opinion of the color scheme doesn't have any greater credence than anyone else's, and no one is trying to change your opinion.  Expressing an opinion does not require maligning others or their tastes in the process.  Those who haven't figured out how to get along with others need to take some quick lessons in decorum.  Saying this:

It seems I could build a brown wing car, with a green wing/stripe call it "Shit-tona" and be a hero around here.  Every one on here just kisses ass

tells me that without a doubt you just don't get it.  We do not all have to agree, but there are way too many people who make a point of being disagreeable while disagreeing.  There is a huge difference, and those who can't figure out where the line is should save us all the trouble and keep their opinions to themselves.

For the time being I'm going to leave such posts (like Rick's) in place along with a reminder.  However, be prepared for the tirade and attack replies to be removed.  They'll all end up on Troy's "desk" eventually, and those whose names come up often enough will probably be shown the door (again??  ;) ).

AirborneSilva

Quote from: hemigeno on November 15, 2007, 06:32:15 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 15, 2007, 06:00:15 PM

:iagree:

Rick (1968 Charger B5), I know you were part of the old D-C.com board and aren't exactly a noob.  However the negativity around here has reached a crescendo and will be stopped.  What may have worked on the old board and has been tolerated to some degree on this board is not how things are going to remain indefinitely.

So the color scheme isn't your favorite?  Fine.  It doesn't have to be.  Your opinion of the color scheme doesn't have any greater credence than anyone else's, and no one is trying to change your opinion.  Expressing an opinion does not require maligning others or their tastes in the process.  Those who haven't figured out how to get along with others need to take some quick lessons in decorum.  Saying this:

It seems I could build a brown wing car, with a green wing/stripe call it "Shit-tona" and be a hero around here.  Every one on here just kisses ass

tells me that without a doubt you just don't get it.  We do not all have to agree, but there are way too many people who make a point of being disagreeable while disagreeing.  There is a huge difference, and those who can't figure out where the line is should save us all the trouble and keep their opinions to themselves.

For the time being I'm going to leave such posts (like Rick's) in place along with a reminder.  However, be prepared for the tirade and attack replies to be removed.  They'll all end up on Troy's "desk" eventually, and those whose names come up often enough will probably be shown the door (again??  ;) ).

Bravo - well said!

Brock Samson