News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73ChargerSE

Sorry for my comment, I apologize.  :pity: The band of brothers is too elite for me I guess.

GeneralLeeTESH

Yes-it starts with 14 weeks of BASIC Training. :patriot:
The TESH

Ghoste

And it'd be damned good for you.

70charger_boy

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on July 09, 2007, 11:47:30 AM
Yes-it starts with 14 weeks of BASIC Training. :patriot:

ok, sign me up  :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

go away for a couple weeks and you guys are in to the fistacuffs.  what gives? :icon_smile_big: :cheers:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chris G.

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on July 06, 2007, 08:21:39 AM
It WILL BE the shit.
   :scratchchin:

I'm glad you said that and not me. Oh, and I agree, it will be the shit.  :yesnod:

GeneralLeeTESH

The mercury reached 103 deg. Fahrenheit today. Here's a pic of the ol'thermometer inside the shop (with the door open) ! Pictured are the rebuilt rear DB single piston calipers. Stay tuned for more assembly pics over the next few dayz ! :cheers:
The TESH

Aero426

QuoteSome people just post a comment about certain cars, like it or hate it, its gonna happen. But name calling and telling people to STFU, come on, its not even your car your defending, welcome to the internet. I myself didn't realize he was building a race car with all those decals on the quarter panels...... :o
Mark

Mark, try engaging your brain before you hit the "Post" button.   You probably wouldn't walk up to the man and make observations about his trunk floor or the magnetic decals in person.     I don't know why it should be different here.   

AirborneSilva

Now, can we get back on the topic of Tesh's duketona, and it's his car so he can paint it and build it the way he wants, if you don't like it then don't look - plain and simple!!!

69bronzeT5

The price to buy it must of been high due to the fact that it was used in the movie? How much did it cost to buy it if you dont mind me asking?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

70charger_boy

Good going, Tesh.  I like the stickers on the quarter.  When do you think you'll have it on the road?

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 12, 2007, 12:40:25 AM
The price to buy it must of been high due to the fact that it was used in the movie? How much did it cost to buy it if you dont mind me asking?

One Milllllllllion Dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez2U0bcr1BQ   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

70charger_boy

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 12, 2007, 08:09:47 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 12, 2007, 12:40:25 AM

One Milllllllllion Dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez2U0bcr1BQ   :shruggy:

wtf???????   :smilielol: a middle eastern guy with a chinese accent??? freaking priceless

GeneralLeeTESH

The stickers are stuck to MAGNETIC sheeting and were put on due to this:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30233.0.html

Also-the car cost me 15,000.00 as a completely mangled car. I have been working on it since. Apparently-both rear quarters were smashed up long ago. They are now new on the car.
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-Here's the Rear-end going into place. Notice-I custom built a rear brakeline-rear brakeline flex tube bracket. Check out the e-brake cable installation. You CAN USE the existing e-brake cables for E-brake/Parking brake applications !
Check out-I have 1.125" clearance between the rear-springs and the tyre !!!
This is a 600 HP 350# Lincoln Versailles Ford Traction Loc (POSI) rearend with 3.00-1 butt gears. 11.0 " Kelsey Hayes Vented DB rotors. :scratchchin: :2thumbs: :o :drool5: :popcrn:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

MORE... :cheers:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Proof... :2thumbs:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

en MORE... :o
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

LASTLY...
Now-the front end gets the new Front disc brake kit and new DUAL Master cylinder and Aft pressure proportioning-valve ! ;)
The TESH

Just 6T9 CHGR

That last pic shows a small problem right there......dangerously offset rim centering on that axle.......especially with shouldered lug nuts......be careful!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

GeneralLeeTESH

No-I took the photo with the camera at a 2 ft higher angle from the center of the rim.
Here it is again...
Thanks for the concern, though.
-Mark
The TESH

Charger-Bodie

i think what Chris means is that the wheel isnt a snug fit on the hub to center it. in this case the lug nuts are doing that and shouldered lugs do not do that as well as acorn nuts do. so just keep an eye on it when you start drive that beast!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1hot68 on July 12, 2007, 07:14:58 PM
i think what Chris means is that the wheel isnt a snug fit on the hub to center it. in this case the lug nuts are doing that and shouldered lugs do not do that as well as acorn nuts do. so just keep an eye on it when you start drive that beast!!

That is exactly what I mean....a proper axle will be sung on the rim center pilot hole....a few hole shots and those aluminum wheels will have ovals for lug holes and loose lugs to follow shortly.

I could be wrong but I would seriously rethink your engineering on your Versilles
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

GeneralLeeTESH

Roger that. I will definately heed the advice. I will take the car to a Les Schwab for new Lugnuts/evaluation when I have the car aligned !
-Mark
The TESH

Troy

I've seen others machine a ring to fill the gap between the axle and wheel. It basically makes it hub centric but you've got a big gap to fill.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.