News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Deathproof? Not Quite

Started by terrible one, April 02, 2007, 01:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan43

Quote from: mikesbbody on April 02, 2007, 07:36:04 PM
is it true leno gave tarentino some crap about wrecking the cars? anyone know? i didnt see it.

He gave him a little grief, the funny thing is that so did the audience.

Look in Off Topic, I gave a quickie rundown about his appearance on Leno there.

squeakfinder

A 68 STANDING IN for a 69.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

squeakfinder

Quote from: Mean 318 on April 02, 2007, 06:02:08 PM
Terintino was on Leno a few days ago, he said they  killed about 6 Chargers and 6 Challengers. There were 1 charger and 1 challenger that didn't die. He kept them.

I'd boycott the movie for that reason.

Just like that "The Dopes of Hazard Movie"
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

71ChallengeHer

I don't want to see it now. That just makes me sick. 

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Mean 318 on April 02, 2007, 06:02:08 PM
Terintino was on Leno a few days ago, he said they  killed about 6 Chargers and 6 Challengers. There were 1 charger and 1 challenger that didn't die. He kept them.

can we lynch him?
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

TruckDriver

Quote from: rotsparts on April 02, 2007, 07:49:36 PM
Just like that "The Dopes of Hazard Movie"

Well, at least they used cars from HALPG that were full of bondo and home made parts to look good on film.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

terrible one

I still want to see it, just to see the Charger in action. Terintino isn't the first guy to order the sacrifice of cool muscle cars for the sake of a film, let alone Chargers. What's done is done. Might as well see those flat black beauties in all their glory! :icon_smile_cool:

konigcharger

Quote from: terrible one on April 02, 2007, 09:48:40 PM

I still want to see it, just to see the Charger in action. Terintino isn't the first guy to order the sacrifice of cool muscle cars for the sake of a film, let alone Chargers. What's done is done. Might as well see those flat black beauties in all their glory! :icon_smile_cool:

its not like he destroyed 1 or two bondo filled cars he destroyed like 12 and they must not have been in that bad of shape HE KEPT TWO OF THEM!!!!! 

>:( :flame: :rant:  :puke: :fireangry: :cryin:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

TruckDriver

Being from southern Texas, i'm willing to bet that the cars were all solid restorable cars.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

that Charger could've made someone happy, now its just pile of trash
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Quote from: terrible one on April 02, 2007, 09:48:40 PM

:iagree:

THE CHARGER PUNK

Who wouldnt wanna see it? See the most badass car doing what is was meant to do being driven like its haten :coolgleamA: who gives a crap if they destroy 5 or 6 that dukes of hazzard mess of the late 70's and early 80's destoryed 300 chargers if anything we should hate that, and if your pissed off because chargers always get destroyed then hate the most badass of them all The triple black 4-spd 1968 R/T from bullitt, thats the movie that started it all with the 2nd Gen chargers :yesnod: and I LOVE THEM ALL!!! So if you own a 2nd gen charger or any mopar muscle car shut the hell up you already own 1 and theres plenty more for the rest who dont , so in the end of all this if you a true mopar muscle car or Dodge Charger Fan you will see this movie!!!! :icon_smile_big:

mikesbbody

even if we didnt know the obvious outcome (the mopars being destroyed) surely by now we would know? I mean isnt that what happens 99.9% of the time? you see a cool mopar in a movie, it grabs your interest and when the movie ends the mopars destroyed...pisses me off everytime   :flame:

The70RT

I bet if you could figure out how many R/T Chargers and birds died on NASCAR tracks everyone would be sick. I bet more Hemi cars were taken out that way than any other form............and they were all new back in that time.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CharlieCharger

Kurt Russel on the tonight show and again leno said " He was in pain seeing all those challengers being destroyed" He told quinten that a ll the mopar guys were gonna hunt him down..anyone see it?
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

bull

Quote from: CharlieCharger on April 03, 2007, 01:24:55 PM
Kurt Russel on the tonight show and again leno said " He was in pain seeing all those challengers being destroyed" He told quinten that a ll the mopar guys were gonna hunt him down..anyone see it?

Yessireebob! http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,26608.0.html

dpm68

Yea, if you look into Quinten's movie history, you will find that he is privy to a cinematic grab bag that he "borrows" heavily from. It only makes sense that he is using 69 Chargers - esp. with the Vector rims. Go figure.

jasonfromIKILLYA

This movie is made as an tribute to the movies he grew up watching.  It's going to be brutal and the cars have already gotten mashed.  I'm going anyway.  At least they don't die in some rice rocker bullcrap like the Fast and the Furrious.

also, Kurt drives a Nova in a good amount of the movie as well.  The cars you see in those pics are probably all of the wrecked cars. 

The reason he kept 2 of them is that when they make a movie, they always have one car (per type) that is really nice for the close up shots and the interior driving shots.  The rest are usually not in such great shape.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

wetfeetmi

I've seen a few cars jumped on film and tv in my day, and I have observed it usually isn't the jump that hurts 'em...It's the flippin' landing.  The more these morons wreck them, the more mine are worth.

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on April 03, 2007, 02:54:21 AM
Who wouldn't wanna see it? See the most badass car doing what is was meant to do being driven like its haten :coolgleamA: who gives a crap if they destroy 5 or 6 that dukes of hazzard mess of the late 70's and early 80's destoryed 300 chargers if anything we should hate that, and if your pissed off because chargers always get destroyed then hate the most badass of them all The triple black 4-spd 1968 R/T from bullitt, thats the movie that started it all with the 2nd Gen chargers :yesnod: and I LOVE THEM ALL!!! So if you own a 2nd gen charger or any mopar muscle car shut the hell up you already own 1 and theres plenty more for the rest who dont , so in the end of all this if you a true mopar muscle car or Dodge Charger Fan you will see this movie!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Christ where do I begin? Who gives a crap if they destroy 5 or 6? Take a look around fella. Your surrounded by people who give a crap.

As far as the "Bullit" Charger is concerned that movie was made in 1968 the same year as the car was made. They were not in low numbers or even collectable. You could go to your dealer and buy a leftover 68 when that movie was released. It is 40 years later now and their numbers are shrinking every year without Hollywoods help. Wake up!

"I LOVE THEM ALL!!!"  BULLSHIT! (sorry Troy)

Shut up? Not on your life. NEVER.

Plenty more for the rest who don't own one? Your either ignorant, stupid or both.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

THE CHARGER PUNK

69bronzeT5

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on April 03, 2007, 07:46:48 PM
Who wouldn't wanna see it? See the most badass car doing what is was meant to do being driven like its haten :coolgleamA: who gives a crap if they destroy 5 or 6 that dukes of hazzard mess of the late 70's and early 80's destoryed 300 chargers if anything we should hate that, and if your pissed off because chargers always get destroyed then hate the most badass of them all The triple black 4-spd 1968 R/T from bullitt, thats the movie that started it all with the 2nd Gen chargers :yesnod: and I LOVE THEM ALL!!! So if you own a 2nd gen charger or any mopar muscle car shut the hell up you already own 1 and theres plenty more for the rest who dont , so in the end of all this if you a true mopar muscle car or Dodge Charger Fan you will see this movie!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Christ where do I begin? Who gives a crap if they destroy 5 or 6? Take a look around fella. Your surrounded by people who give a crap.

As far as the "Bullit" Charger is concerned that movie was made in 1968 the same year as the car was made. They were not in low numbers or even collectable. You could go to your dealer and buy a leftover 68 when that movie was released. It is 40 years later now and their numbers are shrinking every year without Hollywoods help. Wake up!

"I LOVE THEM ALL!!!"  BULLSHIT! (sorry Troy)

Shut up? Not on your life. NEVER.

Plenty more for the rest who don't own one? Your either ignorant, stupid or both.

:iagree: with everything you just said

69bronzeT5

so in the end of all this if you a true mopar muscle car or Dodge Charger Fan you will see this movie!!!! :icon_smile_big:

Actually, no. Im a true Mopar muscle and Charger fan and I WILL NOT see this movie!!! Your not a Charger owner so you dont know 100% why we hate seeing Chargers getting destroyed.

bordin34

I think the best car chase movie where one of the main chase cars doesn't get destroyed is Gone in 60 seconds. it gets beat up but keeps on going. Even after being wrapped around a pole.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ