News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The BEST Feeling!

Started by Neal_J, March 30, 2007, 01:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal_J

I just experienced one of the best feelings in restoring a car:  Finding and installing that highly-elusive part !!!

Here's my story:

For over two years, I've been searching for a mint horn pad in TAN for the woodgrain wheel on my 69.  The pad I have was fair, but just not as nice as I wanted.  As the months passed, there were several near-misses (including one pad that looked great on ebay but looked like sh*t upon arrival) but never a success.  Finally earlier this week, I happened to check ebay, found a PERFECT ORIGINAL part and....wait for it....with a reasonable Buy It Now price (true!).  Nanoseconds later, it was mine & paid-for.

The part arrived today and, if anything, it looks better than the ebay ad.  Best of all, I drive the Charger to work on Fridays and was able to swap pads a few minutes ago.  It looks fantastic and I'm absolutely thrilled!!!   In terms of restoring a car, I haven't been this happy since the car came out of the paint booth!

Moments like this sure make up for all the hell of a resto!

Happy Neal

19Charger68

Good for you!  I have to agree, finding that one elusive part after a long search sure makes your heart beat a little faster.  Also, a great feeling of satisfaction when it is installed and looks like it should.  Way to be persistant!
Bruce

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Shakey

If I had of known you were looking for a tan horn pad I would have told you about the three I've come across over the past couple of years.  There was one on a car in NM that looked as good as new except for some dust.  The guy wanted $15.00 USD for it and I told him that I needed black and that I'd pass.

Ya, I'm bullshittin' ya!

Neal_J

Don't make me bust out my Kung-Fu grip on you!!

Tan 2nd generation interior parts is tough to find, hombre.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

cheap

:cheers: Glad you finally found one .....

BMOTOXSTAR

I know what you mean.  :yesnod:
That is like when I found nice bumper filler moulding for my 3rd gen, the filler in nice shape is like gold.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

LargerCharger383

That feeling is the difference between mopars and chevy's!! :D

bull

Quote from: Neal_J on March 30, 2007, 01:54:27 PM
I just experienced one of the best feelings in restoring a car:  Finding and installing that highly-elusive part !!!

Here's my story:

For over two years, I've been searching for a mint horn pad in TAN for the woodgrain wheel on my 69.  The pad I have was fair, but just not as nice as I wanted.  As the months passed, there were several near-misses (including one pad that looked great on ebay but looked like sh*t upon arrival) but never a success.  Finally earlier this week, I happened to check ebay, found a PERFECT ORIGINAL part and....wait for it....with a reasonable Buy It Now price (true!).  Nanoseconds later, it was mine & paid-for.

The part arrived today and, if anything, it looks better than the ebay ad.  Best of all, I drive the Charger to work on Fridays and was able to swap pads a few minutes ago.  It looks fantastic and I'm absolutely thrilled!!!   In terms of restoring a car, I haven't been this happy since the car came out of the paint booth!

Moments like this sure make up for all the hell of a resto!

Happy Neal

All this and no picture? :nono:

Neal_J

Point taken.  This is the old pad, which I resprayed to a close match (& soon to be listed on Ebay). 

No pic of the new pad yet but the color is a dead-on match to the dash pad.

Neal

Brock Samson

good goin Neal that's how i felt when i finally got my wheel well trim, suddenly the Charger was lookin finished.
the only better feeling came the first time the 440 fired up and i got to drive her down the street... next day of course the entire front clip was wreaked...  >:(
nice day huh?..  :flame:

Hey Neal, did you or Kim make it to the party?..

Neal_J

Funny you mention wheelwell trim, Dave -  I remembered how happy I was when I finally found a left rear molding to complete the set!  I think that took like 3 years!!

Nope, I skipped the Hell's Angels' 50th anniversary bash.  They're sissies...I hang with real bad-asses.

Can I get a Hell-Yea?

Scarface Neal

Brock Samson

they gave the photog a few seconds to take pics of the line outside the party then gave her the bums rush...
seems noone likes the damn liberal media..  :-\

update:
the cops busted the party last night and hauled away a ton of fireworks...
literally a ton..

damn their allways spoiling a great party!  :flame:
this hijack is now over..