News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone live in North East Ohio and want to help out a fellow charger owner?

Started by 73dodge, March 30, 2007, 09:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73dodge

I am determined to get my Charger up on a rotisserie to start work on it this summer and I am wondering if anyone of you guys who live in Ohio or the North East Ohio area would be willing to help me out with a rotisserie?

I honestly would like to build one myself and get my Charger on it but I am lacking on the welding skills. I can get the material and get it cut up but building it and mounting the Charger to it will present a challenge. 

Any help would be apprectaited and since my job change last month my travel schedule has dropped way off, for those who know my extensive travels days are pretty much in the past  .

So I want to make some progress on the Charger this year and am asking if anyone wants to help a Charger guy out?

Thanks Guys.............

:thumbs:
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

kab69440

How far into NE Ohio are you? Are we talking Youngstown? What type of mechanism have you designed to rotate the body once the bed and verticals are together? Do you have a welder at your place?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 73dodge on March 30, 2007, 09:20:01 AM
I am determined to get my Charger up on a rotisserie to start work on it this summer and I am wondering if anyone of you guys who live in Ohio or the North East Ohio area would be willing to help me out with a rotisserie?

I honestly would like to build one myself and get my Charger on it but I am lacking on the welding skills. I can get the material and get it cut up but building it and mounting the Charger to it will present a challenge. 

Any help would be apprectaited and since my job change last month my travel schedule has dropped way off, for those who know my extensive travels days are pretty much in the past  .

So I want to make some progress on the Charger this year and am asking if anyone wants to help a Charger guy out?

Thanks Guys.............

:thumbs:

They sell rotisserie's at Harbor Freight for cheap, at Harbor Freight in Eastlake, Ohio. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

73dodge

Quote from: konigcharger on March 30, 2007, 12:45:11 PM
where exactly are you located?

I am about 20 minutes south of Cleveland between Cleveland and Akron.

Thanks for the replies guys.   

to answer the questions.

Yes I have a Lincoln SP135 Mig welder.

I have not designed any mechanism to rotate the body although I have some designs for a rotisserie on my computer.

And if you do not want to drive here I will be more than happy to take a drive to where you are. I'd haul the steel, welder and tank with me.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

73dodge

They sell rotisserie's at Harbor Freight for cheap, at Harbor Freight in Eastlake, Ohio. :yesnod:

I did not know that, BUT I have had experience with HF stuff and I would be a little leery of putting my Charger up on a piece of their equipment.

The quality of their stuff does not inspire me to suspend a  3000 car on a HF rotisserie. None the less I will check them out........

kab69440

Assembling and gusseting the frame can be done in a matter of hours. It's how to get the body to rotate and stay where you put it that worries me. My guess is, you need a pillow block and 2" shaft stock at either end. But the rotator mechanism itself? Almost has to be a worm gear reducer box of some sort, I would think.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."