News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dye and paint removal on vinyl and plastic?

Started by toddscharger, March 28, 2007, 05:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toddscharger

Any methods or recommendations on removing both dyes and paints on both interior hard plastics and interior soft vinyls?
This would be in preparation to either re-dye or re-paint items like armrests, sun visors, consoles, etc.

In other words, what would be the "prep steps" involved in dyeing or painting interior vinyl and plastic?
Thanks, Todd

kab69440

The best way I know of to remove dye for a re-dye job is to rub off the old stuff with acetone. For the embossed "stitching", an old toothbrush comes in handy.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

jaak

I had a black console that had been dyed tan, I wanted back black, All I used was a scotch-brite pad and laquer thinner took the dye right off, and it was quick.  Hope this helps

Jason