News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct Carburetor for 69 Charger with 440-4speed

Started by Chatt69chgr, March 27, 2007, 10:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

1.  What was the correct carb used on a 69 charger with 440 4speed?  Is it a Carter AVS?  What was the cfm rating?

2.  If I want to use a new Holley dual line 750, would the original unsilenced air cleaner fit on it without modification?  Seems like
     the front and rear bowls stick out pretty far and I am worried about clearance issues on the air cleaner base.

chargerbr549

It was a Carter AVS model #4617S and I am not positive on the cfm rating but I think it is around 750 cfm.

Kevin

mikepmcs

here's the numbers for the carbs/cars.  doesn't give cfm rating though.

http://www.mopar1.us/moparcarblist.html

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chatt69chgr

Thanks for the carb list Mike. 

Does anyone know if there would be clearance issues between the unsilenced air cleaner base and a 750 dual line Holley?   Thanks.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on March 28, 2007, 03:00:46 PM
Thanks for the carb list Mike.

Does anyone know if there would be clearance issues between the unsilenced air cleaner base and a 750 dual line Holley? Thanks.
No clearance issues here.....even running a dropped base....750 Holley vac secondary
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

Thanks Chris.  Thats good to know.  Looks like I have a couple of options.  Either a Holley or get a Edelbrock AVS.