News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A little different for this board I guess...

Started by chargerrt, March 27, 2007, 12:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt

No, this isn't a thread about a Charger or even a 4 wheeled Mopar for that matter.  BUT it is a Mopar powered boa  :coolgleamA:  I was looking through some listings on eBay and ran across it.  This old style Chris Craft has always been my all time dream boat and I would love to have it in my driveway next to the Charger.  If the shear elegance and beauty of this boat wouldn't catch EVERYBODY'S eye in the local marina then the nice rumble of the 392 HEMI would ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fully-Restored-1955-Chris-Craft-Capri-21-w-392-Hemi_W0QQitemZ170095421655QQcategoryZ63685QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Maybe there are some boat lovers on here who will appreciate it...

Charger_Croatia

I'm located on the coast and can see different boats. I must say that this is beauty! Most modern boats have different "space/universe" design and a lot of plastics around. This is different - classic on the water.  :yesnod:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

LargerCharger383

Brock Samson

TeeWJay426

As a kid through my mid 20's, my Dad had a succession of Chris Crafts- a 1928 26 footer, a 1931 16 footer, and a 1934 19 footer. You could say that I have a soft spot for them..... although none of his were as incredible as that one! (Either in condition, or in the 'engine room')! 
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

69Coronet

I dont like boats a whole lot but damn thats a nice boat
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

Hemidog

MorePwr

Bobalu? isn't that something Lucile Ball used to say to Ricky. or vise versa? Anyway sweet boat! wish I had an extra 50k laying around.

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

jasonfromIKILLYA

my grandfather owned several Criss-Crafts, including one that looked allot like that, but none had a hemi!!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

chargerrt

Well then, I'm glad to see that some of you guys liked this.  I'm still drooling over the pictures

skip68

Hey Chargerrt,
If you like those old beauty's i can tell you from first hand knowledge (Since we just moved from that area!) to check out some of the Criss-Craft club web-sites from Lake Tahoe, Ca.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are VERY prominant on that lake, and docked at some of the most beautiful mansions as well. :yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

chargerboy69

In the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, there was a boat chase that used boats just like this one.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

chargerrt

do you by chance have know the address to any of those websites skip?  I'd like to give them a look

wetfeetmi

They used to build them in my neck of the woods. (Holland MI). I have had many competition ski and barefoot boats, but have always wanted a cruiser like that. I have always heard that they were supposed to be left in the water and not on a trailer if it could be avoided.

skip68

Quote from: chargerrt on March 27, 2007, 07:42:25 PM
do you by chance have know the address to any of those websites skip?  I'd like to give them a look

Here is one so far....

www.tahoeyc.com   (Click on "Concours d' Elegance") also has some links to rebuilders on bottom of page!

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Quote from: MorePwr on March 27, 2007, 03:51:16 PM
Bobalu? isn't that something Lucile Ball used to say to Ricky. or vise versa? Anyway sweet boat! wish I had an extra 50k laying around.

First off that boat is awesome looking!

MorePwr, to answer your question.
Babalu is a reference to a word used in Latin dance clubs; specifically Cuban dance clubs during the 1920's .

Babalu was Desi Arnaz signature song in real life.  He recorded it for RCA back in the day.  In reference to the show, he used to play in "The Tropicana Club." When he ended up owning it in the show, he renamed it Club Babalu.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MorePwr

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 28, 2007, 08:56:54 AM
Quote from: MorePwr on March 27, 2007, 03:51:16 PM

First off that boat is awesome looking!

MorePwr, to answer your question.
Babalu is a reference to a word used in Latin dance clubs; specifically Cuban dance clubs during the 1920's .

Babalu was Desi Arnaz signature song in real life.  He recorded it for RCA back in the day.  In reference to the show, he used to play in "The Tropicana Club." When he ended up owning it in the show, he renamed it Club Babalu.

v/r
Mike

MichaelRW

What a beaut! Now if I could only win the lottery this Saturday........
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

chargerrt

Thanks again Skip!

Quote from: MichaelRW on March 28, 2007, 11:56:48 AM
What a beaut! Now if I could only win the lottery this Saturday........

If I could win the lottery this weekend, I'd be a college dropout....AND I'd be hitting the bay the following Saturday moring in this boat....after taking my newly paid off Charger for a good cruise or two.  I love the lottery and the happy thoughts it brings :icon_smile_cool:

charger490

this was at the 5th reunion in missouri

charger490

this is the gril that pumped the gas in the boat. the guys kept asking her to put in a couplemore gals so they could watch her put the nozzle back and do it agian and the boat had a hemi in it

mikepmcs

Don,
I don't know, but I'm thinking after looking at the last 2 pics that you posted.......I think it qualifies for the "Chics on Charger" thread. :yesnod:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?