News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dennis's long drawn out 70 R/T Resto....

Started by The70RT, March 26, 2007, 08:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: b5blue on June 05, 2014, 04:09:43 PM
Did ya get the small fuzzies that go where the chrome strip for the rear of the door windows go up and down?  :scratchchin:

Yep....bottom in the pic of the weatherstrip....WS-13
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

b5blue

I had mine and didn't even know where they fit till I installed my weatherstrips!  :lol:

Mytur Binsdirti

The70RT

Thanks guys, I ordered these window channel guide seals a few years ago and couldn't find them yesterday so I went and installed the windows anyway since they didn't look bad. After cleaning the garage up last night at about midnight I found them. I checked to see if they would come out without too much trouble and had them out in a couple minutes. After drilling out two rivets and removing the seals there was rust buildup behind the seals. I wire wheeled them out and used some zinc / galvanized coating and shot hem with some Eastwoods spray gray. Now I gotta get the wiper motor and assembly in order and get it in then start on the dash which should be pretty fun  :icon_smile_big:

Stevearino

Just spent some time and went through your entire thread. You have heard it before so this will sound like an echo but you are doing a top shelf job on this car.I love that color combination. I got a fender and a hood for my project from a 70 R/T with the same color combo. Unfortunately the car was sitting where a tree fell on it right dead center of the roof. Good news is I got my hood and fender. :2thumbs:  

The70RT

Quote from: Stevearino on June 06, 2014, 06:09:16 PM
Just spent some time and went through your entire thread. You have heard it before so this will sound like an echo but you are doing a top shelf job on this car.I love that color combination. I got a fender and a hood for my project from a 70 R/T with the same color combo. Unfortunately the car was sitting where a tree fell on it right dead center of the roof. Good news is I got my hood and fender. :2thumbs:  

Thanks Steve, too bad about the tree but good deal for you.  :yesnod:

hemi-hampton

I remember reading this thread many years ago, haven't seen it since. Glad to see some Progress, looking nice :2thumbs:  LEON.

The70RT

Ready to install the wiper system...

keepat

Quote from: The70RT on June 06, 2014, 04:05:30 PM
Thanks guys, I ordered these window channel guide seals a few years ago and couldn't find them yesterday so I went and installed the windows anyway since they didn't look bad. After cleaning the garage up last night at about midnight I found them. I checked to see if they would come out without too much trouble and had them out in a couple minutes. After drilling out two rivets and removing the seals there was rust buildup behind the seals. I wire wheeled them out and used some zinc / galvanized coating and shot hem with some Eastwoods spray gray. Now I gotta get the wiper motor and assembly in order and get it in then start on the dash which should be pretty fun  :icon_smile_big:

Dennis,
Great build! Where did you buy window guide seals and did they come with the rivets?
Thank you and good luck with your restoration!
Pat

fy469rtse

Dennis, just went through the whole thread again ,
Good reading and photos of what's becoming a great car, very nice , very nice work ,  :2thumbs:can I ask where or what company you bought your cat whisker seals from , looking to get the correct ones, and no one puts photos up to show you if there correct

The70RT

Quote from: keepat on June 17, 2014, 05:45:35 AM
Quote from: The70RT on June 06, 2014, 04:05:30 PM

Dennis,
Great build! Where did you buy window guide seals and did they come with the rivets?
Thank you and good luck with your restoration!
Pat

Thanks Pat, I got them from PG classics and yes they came with the rivets. Pretty good pieces

The70RT

Quote from: fy469rtse on June 17, 2014, 06:41:06 AM
Dennis, just went through the whole thread again ,
Good reading and photos of what's becoming a great car, very nice , very nice work ,  :2thumbs:can I ask where or what company you bought your cat whisker seals from , looking to get the correct ones, and no one puts photos up to show you if there correct

Thanks, I got them from YO and they are catwhisker brand. not much of my originals were left and they fit okay but my windows roll up a little tight. Hopefully after a awhile they will work their selves in.

fy469rtse

Dennis , thanks for replying
you noted there a bit tight ,
thats the issues I'm having with the ones i got from year one,
outers originally were rubber and the sqweegy shape, inners felt but flat, but the ones i got from year one both are the sqweegy type,
rubber outside and felt finish for the inners and thats too much drag on windows

Charger-Bodie

All originals I've seen are felt both inside and out.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

The70RT

Glass and wiper system is installed, I also found an NOS heater valve. I guess I could of rebuilt the one I have but figured what the hell so I sprung 2 bills for it and one less thing to worry about. The old one looked like it was gonna leak sooner or later with the corrosion on it it may have had some slight seepage anyway. If nothing else I have a used backup if I need it.

The70RT

A bit of an update, I blasted the dash a few months ago and finally got it painted, I used the original lacquer type paint. The dash pad was in good shape but had some fading so I sprayed it with Dupont Vinyl Color. I didn't take the vin off or restore it.

The70RT

Plus got some things ready to assemble on to the dash. :icon_smile_big:

The70RT

Plus some jewels...cost as much anyway. Happy New Years!  :cheers:

b5blue

Again beautiful work Dennis!  :2thumbs: Is there any chance of seeing pics of the door post area where the dash ties in before the dash frame is put together? I'm chasing some weird small leaks I can't figure out? Any shots at both corners would be helpful!  :scratchchin:

The70RT

Thanks Neal, sure hope this is the area.

b5blue

Thanks soooo much!!  :cheers: Now I've got something to stare at, I looked for hours on the net trying to find shots like that!   :lol:

b5blue

Seeing the pics helped greatly I think I found the leaks. I also found a strange hole in the side of the cowl someone must have pounded in with the fender removed! It explained how water could seemingly jump the dam in the vent plenum.   

The70RT

Cool, looks like some seam sealer will plug the hole.

TUFCAT

Hi Dennis you've known I've gone on record before, but what the hell its 2015.....so I absolutely love your car all over again!!!  :notworthy:

The70RT