News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dennis's long drawn out 70 R/T Resto....

Started by The70RT, March 26, 2007, 08:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Last ones......Whoops not in order.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

hemi-hampton

tan top

:scope:     ......... :o........... wow awesome work Dude   :2thumbs: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

The70RT

six-tee-nine

Waaaaaauuuuuw. That already looks very smooth....

Keep posting as you get along   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

One question : did you straighten out the firewall? Because it looks less wrinkled than most ones I see
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

The70RT

Quote from: six-tee-nine on July 29, 2008, 05:32:05 AM
Waaaaaauuuuuw. That already looks very smooth....

Keep posting as you get along   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

One question : did you straighten out the firewall? Because it looks less wrinkled than most ones I see

No, that is how the firewall has always looked.  :shruggy: Some undercoating on the fenderwells then comes the suspension so I can get it off of the auto twirler so more pics as that comes along.

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

charger_fan_4ever

My twin

except you'd never know from this pic :P

B5 outside
white inside
white top/ white longtitude stripes
440/auto

Needless to say i'm jealous as your light years ahead in your resto.

Charger_Fan

Very impressive, Man! :2thumbs:
Are you gonna paint the body too, or farm that part out? (sorry if you already said & I missed it)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69*F5*SE

I wish I was that far with my car. Congrats on the fine work.  :2thumbs:

The70RT

Quote from: ChargerSG on July 29, 2008, 08:59:54 AM
Looking great :2thumbs:

Thanks

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on July 29, 2008, 05:56:36 PM
I wish I was that far with my car. Congrats on the fine work. :2thumbs:

Thanks. That is what I was saying before I started. I am still saying it when I see others farther than mine.

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 29, 2008, 02:32:07 PM
My twin

except you'd never know from this pic :P

B5 outside
white inside
white top/ white longtitude stripes
440/auto

Needless to say i'm jealous as your light years ahead in your resto.

Yep a twin. I have been on it too long as it is......I am light years away from the end  ;D

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 29, 2008, 05:06:05 PM
Very impressive, Man! :2thumbs:
Are you gonna paint the body too, or farm that part out? (sorry if you already said & I missed it)

Thanks Grant. Nope. I am gonna farm it out. I just hope to make minimal work for whoever does it because I dont need any horror story like some members on here have delt with. The last car I had done took about 2 months but I didn't do any bodywork. I am not sure if the same guy will do this one though.

hemi-hampton

One possible problem. You might find you may have a hard time running the Brake lines & fuel lines through the trans crossmember area where you got the subframe connectors attached as the holes may be partially obscured/blocked. Have you trial fitted any of those lines yet? Better now then later :scratchchin: :Twocents: LEON.

Big Lebowski

Sweet, I really love that color, it looks good on Chargers & Roadrunners. :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

dads_69

I always thought your car was plum crazy colored as well. Looks great though, B 5 blue is nice when fresh. I'm doing a rotisserie on the '68 vet' right now, but I'll always be a mopar guy!

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

The70RT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 30, 2008, 12:07:07 AM
One possible problem. You might find you may have a hard time running the Brake lines & fuel lines through the trans crossmember area where you got the subframe connectors attached as the holes may be partially obscured/blocked. Have you trial fitted any of those lines yet? Better now then later :scratchchin: :Twocents: LEON.

I remember I should have put a hole in for the e-cable. I am ordering my lines and am gonna put them on next. Thanks for the heads up Leon.

Quote from: Big Lebowski on July 30, 2008, 12:14:57 AM
Sweet, I really love that color, it looks good on Chargers & Roadrunners. :2thumbs:

:2thumbs: Thanks.

Quote from: dads_69 on July 30, 2008, 01:56:25 AM
I always thought your car was plum crazy colored as well. Looks great though, B 5 blue is nice when fresh. I'm doing a rotisserie on the '68 vet' right now, but I'll always be a mopar guy!

Mark

Cool Mark. Me too.  I like variety......still more mopar than the others.

Dodge Don

Looking fantastic Dennis. Great work. You are really on a juggernaut time-table there.

The70RT

Quote from: Dodge Don on July 30, 2008, 05:51:43 AM
Looking fantastic Dennis. Great work. You are really on a juggernaut time-table there.

Thanks Don. I need to get over on the 70 registry and post the pics. I feel like I should be a lot farther than what I am but I have too many irons in the fire all the time. I like checking on the registry to get ideas on all the great things you have done on yours as of late.

ViperRedCharger

Looking good!

Don't feel like your behind. I worked on mine for 2 years, Stopped for 7 years then took 1 year to finsh it.  10 years total.  Its all about money, time and commitment.  Things happen in our lives that change our daily directions.

The70RT

Quote from: ViperRedCharger on July 30, 2008, 11:48:47 AM
Looking good!

Don't feel like your behind. I worked on mine for 2 years, Stopped for 7 years then took 1 year to finshed it.  10 years total.  Its all about money, time and commitment.  Things happen in our lives that change our daily directions.

Thanks for the encouragemnt. Too soon wouldn't be soon enough.

hemi-hampton

Also if the Subframe connectors are to tight against floor you might run into a problem if you have to squeeze Lines under them to get them on. Hopefully you got a little room. LEON.

The70RT

Got the two wheel wells undercoated. I have to do the front yet and the front fenders. It took a gallon to do the trunk and rear wells. Two coats each. I have to order another gallon. It is some pretty good stuff but 55 bucks a gallon plus shipping from Restorations by Rick Kreuziger. I got that info on here somewhere where someone was satisfied that it is close to the correct thick coating and looks like it too after I sprayed it. It doesn't show that much texture in the pic. The trunk pics I posted shows a better example.