News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My boy was robbed two nights in a row - OUR POLICE SUCK!

Started by The70RT, March 23, 2007, 10:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

I told my son to quit the damn place before he ends up being statistic. He went to day shift till he gets the hell out of there. He works at Phillips 66 station. He has been robbed 4-5 times since Christmas. He works there in between going to college. The Sat nite robbery he identified one of the crooks. The police said his word itself wouldn't justify an arrest. Thats a joke. They told him to get a perimt to carry.......not worth it. He told the police thats your job. The owners friend was there over Christmas break while my son went on vacation to visit his cousin and the owners friend shot a guy in the face and he barley lived. In Topeka we have several robberys a week Yeah.....they never catch any!!! Here is a link to the actual robberys last Sat & Sun. My son was working both nights.

http://ww2.wibw.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1315451&h1=Police%20Cracking%20Down%20On%20Robbery%20Hotspots&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=107633&LaunchPageAdTag=News&fvCatNo=&backgroundImageURL=&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.wibw.com/news/headlines/6630382.html&rnd=72057861
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RD

i heard about that on the news.... sorry to hear about that.. topeka cops do have issues I agree with you there.  hope everything works out okay and your son decides to change jobs soon!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

Charger_Fan

I think about 10,000 volts to the front door handles, wired to a switch behind the counter would have that problem cured in a short time. :icon_smile_evil:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

Quote from: Todd Wilson on March 23, 2007, 12:34:48 PM
Sounds like the owners friend needs a job!

todd

The owners friend is a retired Marine. He had his glock on him when the thugs came in. The thug had a 357. He shot to kill but shoulda had something bigger I guess.

dkn1997

I gotta ask why your son would continue working there after the first robbery?  rob me once shame on you, rob me twice,or 4 more times, shame on me.  You should go there on his next shift and drag him out of there and punch his boss in the face on the way out so he won't get hired back.... ever. 

RECHRGED

The70RT

Quote from: dkn1997 on March 23, 2007, 01:45:24 PM
I gotta ask why your son would continue working there after the first robbery?  rob me once shame on you, rob me twice,or 4 more times, shame on me.  You should go there on his next shift and drag him out of there and punch his boss in the face on the way out so he won't get hired back.... ever. 

I know the situation warrants no excuses. I told him to quit when it first happend......he's his own boss....he's 21. I totaly agree. He is on the day shift now so he should be ok till he goes somewhere else. In daylight hours they only hit banks and little ole ladies in the wallmart parking lot......on the busiest street in town.

moparguy01

Sorry to hear that, except I dont agree with the gun thing of it being the cops job. I carry because I cannot carry a cop with me everywhere. Theres alot more people than police officers. just something to think about.

dkn1997

Quote from: The70RT on March 23, 2007, 02:45:06 PM
Quote from: dkn1997 on March 23, 2007, 01:45:24 PM

I know the situation warrants no excuses. I told him to quit when it first happend......he's his own boss....he's 21. I totaly agree. He is on the day shift now so he should be ok till he goes somewhere else. In daylight hours they only hit banks and little ole ladies in the wallmart parking lot......on the busiest street in town.

I think you have stumbled upon your own solution. Have him rob old ladies at walmart  :icon_smile_big:
RECHRGED

mikepmcs

Actually, I'd have him try to get a job at walmart instead.  I'm guessing the pay will be comparable or better, and they have better benefits i'm sure.  The biggest benny is that he's got a lot more people around him in a much safer environment.

My.02

Glad he's ok, but get him out of there.  He must be one tough(mentally) son of a gun to keep that up.  WOW!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NHCharger

Wow, that's unbelievable. Maybe I could arrange to send a few cops from my town. A friend of mine just got arrested for DWI. He lives at the end of a cul-de-sac off some back road that might see 12 cars a day. He was driving his 4 wheeler from his neighbors house to his, approx. 100' of road, apparently he woke up the cop who was taking a nap on the back side of the cul-de-sac at 12:30 in the morning, when the cop stopped him in his driveway to ticket him for no plates he smelled booze, my friend blew a .09, next thing he knew he was being patted down and cuffed by THREE cops in his own driveway, glad to see my tax dollars hard at work.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

The70RT

Quote from: NHCharger on March 23, 2007, 06:56:25 PM
Wow, that's unbelievable. Maybe I could arrange to send a few cops from my town. A friend of mine just got arrested for DWI. He lives at the end of a cul-de-sac off some back road that might see 12 cars a day. He was driving his 4 wheeler from his neighbors house to his, approx. 100' of road, apparently he woke up the cop who was taking a nap on the back side of the cul-de-sac at 12:30 in the morning, when the cop stopped him in his driveway to ticket him for no plates he smelled booze, my friend blew a .09, next thing he knew he was being patted down and cuffed by THREE cops in his own driveway, glad to see my tax dollars hard at work.

Really? I had drug dealers living accross the street from me for almost two years. I had cops living two houses down. We had break ins on are cars that were in our driveway. Cops never did a damn thing. I finally put up a camera system up. The only thing the cops did was give me a ticket for an illegal tag when I bought a car one day and switched plates off one of my other cars. It sat in the street for a few hours. Our cops in our town have been busted for taking drugs from their confiscation room and so on.

moparguy01

The70RT

Quote from: moparguy01 on March 24, 2007, 10:03:47 AM
I know I'd move from there.

I live in one of the best neighbor hoods in Topuka. I have lived here in Topeka all my life. I just built another garage so most of our vehicles are inside or fenced in out back. We haven't had any trouble in the last couple years,the cops and the drug dealers are gone! Plus I just upgraded my arsenal :D

The70RT

Well they tried to rob the  same station last night again. They had the doors locked and the thug showed his gun but so did the owner and they ran. They hit another one later and finally the PD caught two of them. Two more stations also got robbed last night but they were by different thugs. CD trade post got hit 3 times last week.