News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who restores woodgrain 69 Charger SE dashes?

Started by A34, March 20, 2007, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

I need to get my 69 Charger SE dash, radio and glovebox bezel restored. Who does the correct 69 woodgrain finish? Does anyone silkscreen like original? Do they do the bezels as well as the instruments? I'm looking for the highest quality guy out there, not necessarily the cheapest. Average turnaround time?

I posted this on another board and the response was limited to PG Classics repro pieces. I know I've seen at least 2 companies other than them in the last couple of years advertising restortion of dashes or new ones. Anyone here have any info?
I want to be sure I've explored all the options before I give any money to the Chicoms.

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 20, 2007, 10:18:43 AM
I seem to remember that Dave @ www.performancecargraphics.com did these

:iagree:

IIRC, the woodgrain dashes are a headache.  I don't think anyone silkscreens the pieces like the originals, so they do a vinyl overlay.  That works alright, until you get into areas like around the radio where there are indentations that don't lend themselves real well to being overlaid.  From what I remember I think they have to hand-paint the woodgrain in some areas to "fill in the gaps" so to speak.

David Patik (@ PCG) does great work, and if anyone can get a dash to look right, it would be him.  I got an email from him yesterday and he said that they were really, really busy.  His prices are quite reasonable for the work he does, and even if he's backed up a little bit he's worth the wait.

:Twocents:

Shakey

Magnumcharger

I know Doug Lepak (aka: The Steering wheel guy) has been doing E-body and 71-up B-body woodgrain dash bezels for some time now.
He also converts radio bezels to radio-delete flawlessly.
And he re-woodgrains pistol grip shifters too. Which is why and how he does such a super job on woodgrain steering wheels.

http://members.shaw.ca/stwheels/index.htm

Maybe drop him a line, and see what he can do for you.
And tell him I sent ya!

And, he's a member here on this forum.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Big Lebowski

Ya just go to e-bay's '69 Charger section, woodgrain bezels, and get ready to pay $650 for the new metal woodgrain set & for the new chromed plastic bezels, another $450. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

A34

Quote from: Big Lebowski on March 20, 2007, 08:29:35 PM
Ya just go to e-bay's '69 Charger section, woodgrain bezels, and get ready to pay $650 for the new metal woodgrain set & for the new chromed plastic bezels, another $450. :icon_smile_big:

Holy over-priced crap Batman !!!
Deo Vindice

bmoparmofo

I spoke with performance car graphics last night, ordered some decals for my 69 charger cluster, I would like to say he seems like a good guy to deal with, he even talked me out of buying parts for my clock since the stem is snapped, thats impressive!I am looking forward to the parts to arrive but they seem like a great company. :yesnod:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Shakey

Quote from: A34 on March 20, 2007, 09:14:40 PM

Compared to what?

A34

Quote from: Shakey on March 21, 2007, 05:32:32 AM
Quote from: A34 on March 20, 2007, 09:14:40 PM

Compared to what?

My stuck in the 60's mentality of what parts should cost, I guess..........

::)
Deo Vindice