News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question on mounting repro door panels

Started by 69chargerrt, March 18, 2007, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt

I've started installing some repro (Legendary) inner door panels on my '69 Charger, and I've noticed something that I need an opinion on....

In comparing the original and repro panel,  I noticed that the two back holes (that is, the two holes along the edge of the panel closest to the back of the car)  in which these two retaining clips mount are not in exactly the same place on the repro.  In the original, the mounting holes are about 3-4 inches apart, while the repro has them about 5-6 inches apart.  Also, when I held the repro panel up to the door to check the alignment, I found that neither clip will align with any holes in the door.

Has anyone else who has purchased Legendary door panels for their '69 Charger noticed this issue?

Thanks!
David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

K9COP

Bummer... I was going to replace the fibre board on the back of mine, and re attach the vinyl. Wish me luck.. You could just VERY carefully razor new holes in..
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

1st_charger

just put mine on the other day bought them over a year ago! had trouble getting the clips that came with them to go in the mounting holes on the door and had trouble getting the clips lined up with the door holes after they were installed on the doorpanels. Ended up getting some Velcro and using that and some original clips, using one original spring clip on the bottom corners of each door panel and Velcro strips along the bottom and sides! turned out great!

Back N Black

I thought Legendary suppose to be the cats a$$. for that kind of money it should fit perfect.

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.