News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can I change the color?

Started by LargerCharger383, March 18, 2007, 03:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LargerCharger383

I have a green engine from a roadrunner in my car, and I'm planning on pulling it next winter to install headers, new exhaust, get a head job, and paint the engine.   a few friends of mine who're into mopars say i should stay with the original color, but I've always been a fan of the haloween theme. my car is already black and I think an orange engine would look awesome.  what do you guys think? does it matter if I change the color?

the pic of of the engine when I first got the car...it looks a lot better now, but it's still green...

JR

Green isn't the original color anyways. They came in turquoise, orange, or black I think. Its not an original car, so go for what ever makes you happy.  :yesnod: :yesnod:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

TruckDriver

Just don't paint it pink like the pickup in the one other thread :-X
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

LargerCharger383

Quote from: JR on March 18, 2007, 03:39:10 PM
Green isn't the original color anyways. They came in turquoise, orange, or black I think.

I read that in '69 that was the stock color for those engines (383's) in roadrunners, but it was on the internet so... :shruggy:

Charger1973

My 73 big block is blue (400 motor).  They didnt offer a 383 in the 73 Charger but if you want it to LOOK stock, then I suppose that would be the way to go.  I say go with the orange though if thats the color you prefer! 

moparnutty

gtx6970

Quote from: LargerCharger383 on March 18, 2007, 09:49:40 PM
Quote from: JR on March 18, 2007, 03:39:10 PM
Green isn't the original color anyways. They came in turquoise, orange, or black I think.

I read that in '69 that was the stock color for those engines (383's) in roadrunners, but it was on the internet so... :shruggy:

In 1969 a roadrunner 383 is orange, unless it had factory air then it was turquose.

IMO - Paint it what ever color YOU like , it's your car

The70RT

That doesn't look like any mopar engine green I have ever seen  ???
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mean 318

I like orange, but if you go black it will never get dirty ;D

Recharger

Looks like the Joker exploded in your engine bay  :sick:   j/k :icon_smile_wink:

I agree with gtx6970, it's supposed to be orange.  And you want orange, so it sounds like a simple decision... :thumbs:

71ChallengeHer

Bandit72

that looks like a color called "grabber green" they sell it at any generic auto store...we painted a buddy's 302 that color :P
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

TruckDriver

Here is my engine. Orange is not correct for a '72, but it was painted that way when I bought the car. It will be blue again when rebuild time comes.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

LargerCharger383

hey WI charger guy, nice choice on the accel super coil! i've got the same one ;D

HITMAN 149

hey LARGE.......
i actually LOVE sublime green!!!! i was gonna do mine sublime green, against the black engine bay i thought would look hot!!!!!!
but i ended up changing my mind & went with comp orange, only cause i'm gonna do the car black w/ a drak gray tail stripe, and i guess i din't want the car to look like it had 16 differnt colors!!!! but go with what ya like!!!!!! and the HELL with everyone!!! hahaha ot's your car!!! :icon_smile_big:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

wetfeetmi

My '69 R.R. engine is ORANGE.  Do whatever lights you up, floats your boat, or trips your trigger.