News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"300" Movie

Started by Charger71, March 14, 2007, 07:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger71

Now, I gotta go see this movie after hearing about this...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-03-13-300-iran_N.htm?csp=27

Wahhhhhhh...........

Charger71

Charger74

IT's so worth it, watched it saturday.   Very, very good movie.  And for all those that whine that's it not historically acurate.  GET A CLUE!!!!  It's based on a comic book that loosely based on fact......

68chrgrwife

some people just need to get off their high horse and stop thinking that the world is ganging up on them......HOLLYWOOD IS FAKE!!!!!!!!  DUH....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

bear

its the best movie i have seen so far

Charger_Fan

"The film depicts Iranians as demons, without culture, feeling or humanity, who think of nothing except attacking other nations and killing people," Ayende-No said in its article Tuesday.
The truth hurts, huh? :yesnod: :lol:
Maybe this is a blessing in disguise...if some Iranian dirtbag blows up a car bomb outside the movie studio, maybe the Hollywood elites will wake up, see that there is an actual problem & turn their efforts toward fixing the problem instead of hindering it. :scratchchin:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Give me a minute while I try to shed a tear for the Iranians. Ok, not working. Let me try again...

2fast4u

I loved that part where they are all crouched under there shields with loads of arrows raining down on them and the one guy is laughing about it and says to another " ya gotta laugh. . .fight in the shade!"  it is a great movie!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Brock Samson

I had mentioned this book "Soldiers and Ghosts" last yr.
If your serious about learning something of classical warfare and it's traditions and the evolutions of strategy this is a absolutely indispensable read...

I highly recommend it!  :yesnod:

http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/reviews.asp?isbn=0300119798

Rolling_Thunder

isnt this the same country that bitches and moans about how bad our foreign policy is ?  I say $%^( them...
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

LargerCharger383

I haven't seen it yet, but im hearing awesome stuff about it

Brock Samson

seeing it tonight in IMAX with a group from work... the lines are so long were goin two hours early...

bull

The publisher of Frank Miller's '300' book (Dark Horse Comics) is here in Milwaukie, Oregon and they are on the hotseat right now for not printing enough copies of it to meet the current demand. That's why some copies are going for between $70 and $200: http://cgi.ebay.com/300-1-CGC-9-8-Frank-Miller-FIRST-PRINT_W0QQitemZ320091995240QQcategoryZ77QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320091995240

I guess they've gotten in trouble for this before for shortages of Hellboy, Ghost World, Road to Perdition and Sin City but like they said in the article, you really never know which movies are going to do well: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregonian/stories/index.ssf?/base/business/117384095592940.xml&coll=7

Brock Samson

it was really quite awsome, with all the blood drops about fout feet across the big screen...
riviting, astonding! the feel good movie of the summer! lol.. see it!

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

SeattleCharger

Amazing movie,  go see it while its in the theater.         There was a two hour special on history channel about this battle, was based on fact, of course its a movie, but so was Troy.  This is a hundred times better. 

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809262865/trailer             -click on theatrical trailer

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/300.html

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

dkn1997

I'll go out on a limb and say this:

F IRAN!
RECHRGED

SeattleCharger

What the heck does this movie have to do with Iran today?  That is about stupid.  Why do some of them care so much?   

Its a cool movie, that's all.  Jeez,  get over it.   So the Spartans tried to defend their country against an invading army, like this didn't happen in about every other country in the history of the world?   so what. 

bull

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on March 23, 2007, 08:39:59 PM
What the heck does this movie have to do with Iran today?  That is about stupid.  Why do some of them care so much?   

Its a cool movie, that's all.  Jeez,  get over it.   So the Spartans tried to defend their country against an invading army, like this didn't happen in about every other country in the history of the world?   so what. 

They don't like it because they are supposedly decendants of the Persians and the Persians were depicted in a way they don't like. But IMO I think it's because the Persians got their tails kicked by the Spartans and Iranians are like Ford guys, they cry and moan and blame the refs when they lose. :'( :'( :'(

SeattleCharger

haha, Bull, 

It was the refs man, that game was bs!  The hawks had to fight the team in brown and gold and the guys in black and white, Hawks shoulda won that.

RallyeMike

Dialog bad. Character development - none. Fight scenes cool but a little too drawn out. I guess the never-ending exploding blobs of blood were supposed to be comicbook-like. It was just ok, if only because it was different.   
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

SeattleCharger

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 24, 2007, 12:35:41 AM
Dialog bad. Character development - none. Fight scenes cool but a little too drawn out. I guess the never-ending exploding blobs of blood were supposed to be comicbook-like. It was just ok, if only because it was different.   

RallyMike, how ya been?      Are you for hire ever in spring/summer to help me installing my engine and getting it running?   :icon_smile_big:  Hope all is well, Nate

Rocky

I liked the review by Dan Savage.

"With nothing but time on my hands this week, I slipped out of the office and went to the movies. Have you seen 300 yet? It's about a handful of lightly armed ancient Greeks—the Spartans—who take on the mighty, massive Persian army. Some feel the film is homophobic; some feel it's a conservative, pro-war piece of agitprop.

Homophobic? It's Ann Coulter on a meth binge.

The Persian army is an armed gay-pride parade, a threat to all things decent and, er, Greek. The king of the Spartans—among the most notorious boy-fuckers in all of ancient history—dismisses Athenian Greeks as weak-willed "philosophers and boy lovers." The Persian emperor? An eight-foot-tall black drag queen—mascara, painted-on eyebrows, pink lip gloss. Emperor RuPaul is positively obsessed with men kneeling in front of him. Why gay up the Persians? So that straight boys in the theater can identify with the Spartan king and his 300 soldiers—all of whom appear to have been recruited from and outfitted by the International Male catalog.

What isn't up for debate is the film's politics. The only times the Persian army doesn't look like a gay-pride parade in hell, it looks like a crowd of madly chanting Islamic militants. And if the Spartan king has to break Spartan law to defend Spartan freedoms? Well, sometimes a king's gotta do what a king's gotta do. Because, as the queen of Sparta points out, freedom isn't free. And, yes, she uses exactly those words. George Bush is going to blow a load in his pants when he sees this movie."

Harlow

My buddy told me that if this movie does well, they will be making a movie about the book, "gates of fire" by Steven Pressfield. Its one of the best books I've ever read (read it twice). Anyone read it? I think it was posted somewhere on Pressfield's website, he said that there was already a screen play that has been finished. Gates of Fire is much more historically accurate, and I think I would like it better than 300, even though 300, in my opinion was really cool.

-Scott

SeattleCharger

edit:  weird review, movie was about battle, great battle scene type movie, if you liked Gladiator fight scenes, or like watching Pollo fight in Rome, or a few scenes in Troy, GO SEE THIS MOVIE

Rocky

Sorry, I havn't seen the movie.  I just thought the review was funny.  You're right about people interpreting things how they want, the guy that wrote it is gay. :cheers: