News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who would you recommend I buy custom Magnum 500 wheels from?

Started by DPL, March 13, 2007, 06:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPL

I'm needing to buy a new set of magnums for my Bee.  The config I am going with is:

Rear - (2) 15x8 with 3 3/4 backspacing
Front - (2) 15x7 with 3 1/4 backspacing

The backspacing I want is considered custom - common spacing is 4 1/2 or 4 1/4.

I've called Summit who get their wheels from Wheels Vintique.  I'm just not so sure about the quality.  For the money, I want high quality wheels.

I've also called Stockton Wheel and they seem to take so long with replies and they won't tell me much about the build quality. 

Help?  I sure would appreciate any recommendations - this board has been invaluable as I've pressed forward with my restoration. 
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

Paul G

I got mine from Summit. No problems at all. Nice wheels.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

471_Magnum

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

mikepmcs

Call this vendor.
I've talked to the owner on the phone and he gave me the straight scoop when I called him.  Talk to them on the phone not email.  He even gave me the shipping date when the new vectors were scheduled to come into the US.
Give em' a try.

http://www.wheelsforless.com/

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

DPL

Awesome people - thank you!  I didn't know AR made magnums.  I'll follow this thread up with pricing and any other info I find.

Cheers.
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

DPL

A quick update for anyone that is looking for Magnums for their B Body - specifically, Magnums that will fill the rear wheel well.

American Racing AR500 is a very cool choice except that they aren't in production yet.  AR says "we haven't committed to a release date yet" but they are at least 2 months away.  Price is expected to be around $260 per wheel.

Summit can order these wheels from Wheels Vintiques.  This would be a custom build and the price per wheel is around $250 all in.  Its the offset that makes these a custom build.

Wheels for Less is an American Racing reseller.  I talked to the owner just like Mike suggested and he was right...straight up guy, very friendly - but, he can't sell something that isn't in production.

So, a few more calls to find out that no one other than Wheels Vintiques will do this - except for Stockton but they still haven't returned my call.

These are costly but I think they will be worth it!
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code