News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ball joint tool

Started by 73chargers4404, March 11, 2007, 01:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

does anyone know of a parts store theat has a the ball joint tool ,every time i talk to autozone or oreillys they just give me this blank stare .and im sure they have them its just getting there lazy ass"s to look. :flame:

moparguy01

depends on which ball joint tool your talking about. if your talking for the upper ball joint, nobody is going to rent that out. youll have to spend the 35-40 bucks on the correct socket. the lower tool I've heard they rent out, but never seen it myself. it looks like a giant c clamp and pushes the joint out. i bought one from harbor freight for 29 bucks and it works great.

1973_WP29P

If you can find someone  that sells MOOG chassis parts, have them check for a part # T411 or T412.  If you are looking for the four sided socket.

Rod

jaak

if you know a mac tool dealer, they carry them. I worked in a machine shop a few years ago, so I made one.

Jason

dkn1997

if your uppers are not too rusty/shitty, you can spin them out with a 16" pair of Channel Locks.  I rebuilt my front end with a kit (which by the way, the kits come with pretty much the shittiest front end parts imagineable)  anyway, after a thousand miles, the drivers upper ball joint went south.  Since it had just been installed, it came out pretty easy.  won't work if you have 40 years of road grime/rust/corrosion on them, the locks don't get the best bite.
RECHRGED

hutch

I made one years ago out of a big flattened end of rebar and took a grinder and cut out a space in the end so it looked like a big ass two pronged flat fork.  If that's the tool you are talking about.   You might be able to make one out of an old crow bar end or something like that.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

OttawaCharger

Canadian Tire lends them out for free. :icon_smile_big:   Also, EastwoodCo sells them
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!