News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Do Ya Think I Can Get For My Car?

Started by A383Wing, March 08, 2007, 10:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

See the funny looking purple nosed car in the pic on the left? What do ya'all think I can get for it? It's made from a 70 Charger 500, now has 383, auto, PS, 2.76 open rear end. Has about 44,000 miles since completed, interior all redone, engine runs strong, MSD ignition, 2.5" exhaust....the usuall stuff. It does have one of the origianl Nascar wings on it, not the "street" version, has 'glass nose. Headlights operate as original. Made the trip back to Alabama in '99 with no problems at all. It's time to move on.....I have a possible buyer, I don't want to screw anybody, but I don't want to give it away either. Now I know some of you are gonna say, "It's only a clone, it ain't worth crap", well, that's your opinion, I don't care anymore.....you can either post your opinions here, or email me direct....

Another picture below

Thanks...Bryan

PocketThunder

I take a stab at it and say... $35,000.  The rest of you guys can go up or down from there. 

$15,000 for the car and $20,000 for the Daytona conversion work. ..  Maybe i'm a little low. :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

:iagree:
If it were mine, I don't think that I would take less than 35k for it.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 08, 2007, 10:58:52 PM
I take a stab at it and say... $35,000.  The rest of you guys can go up or down from there. 

$15,000 for the car and $20,000 for the Daytona conversion work. ..  Maybe i'm a little low. :shruggy:

I'll have to agree with Paul.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

daytonalo

Throw a crate hemi and get 75 k , add a dana and 5 speed and get 100

onemintcaddy

How Meany can say, They drive there 401-K

hotrod98

Larry, I think the hemi market's a little soft right now from what I've been seeing on e-bay. Perhaps the public has grown tired of the whole "hemi" thing.  They've even slowed production of the new hemi due to poor sales.
I think that adding a crate 426 would bring the car up to around 65k at best right now. By the time he bought everything needed to convert it, he would have spent around 20k for the crate motor, headers, mounts and all of the engine accessories. Of course, a 20k investment to get a return of 30k is not too bad of a deal. I've thought of doing that with a couple of my non-matching numbers cars.
I just sold my 70 chal convert hemi clone for 65k and felt like I pretty much got what it was worth. I might have gotten more at auction, but possibly could have gotten less so it wasn't worth the time and trouble to take it to an auction.
In my case, the additional 20k investment probably netted me an additional 30k on the deal.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

Hey Bryan
I'm sorry your gonna sell your car . it's always been one of my favs. i think  $30--35,000. that would be a fair price .

the Red one that Dane built sold for about $32000 . he had the  rear window done but his lights don't work like the original . 

Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

THE CHARGER PUNK

also no other daytona clone had a real daytona nascar wing either, that wing alone is worth 6-8k-MATT

Ghoste

hotrod98

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on March 09, 2007, 01:51:33 PM
also no other daytona clone had a real daytona nascar wing either, that wing alone is worth 6-8k-MATT

True, you might think about getting a Janek wing, paint it to match and sell the nascar wing seperately.

Charles Addams

Aero426

I could be wrong, but I think $35k is a little low.   What is a positive is the car is DONE, and SORTED, looks good in an attractive color and is ready to use and enjoy.   Or you could build your own and maybe have it done in two years... maybe...

daytonalo

DOES IT HAVE A PLUG ???????????????????????????????????????????????? BIG , BIG DIFFERENCE IN VALUE

hotrod98

If the car has the plug, add another 5k to 10k. The things that most daytona clone buyers want to see is: 426 powered, 69 model year, correct looking plug, correct looking nose and valance, working headlamps, wing, wing washers, wing braces, fender scoops, nice interior, nice paint and overall good fitting parts. Get everything right and you have a 65k to 75k car at current market trend. For a superbird clone of equal value, knock off 10k, at least.

Charles Addams

Chris G.

This is the funniest thread I have read in a while. You guys are good stuff.  :thumbs: Who said 100K for a '70 Charger 383 2bbl? Priceless...

ps- Larry should have his own reality sitcom. He could never survive on the networks, but HBO or Showtime would be a great place for him.  :yesnod:

A383Wing

Car does not have the plug, it does have the wing supports in the trunnk, but not the "washers"

Bryan  (and yes, I'm going for a Mini)

daytonalo

Mama, I've got gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBlockSam

i smell gas..............and .......alot .....of ...............it.   :nana:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Not exactly sure what the price would be on the open market for your car. I know that its a good looking car though. Good car that someone could jump in, drive, enjoy and take to shows and enjoy. Plug or not its still a clone. With or without a plug its still a clone.

The comment on adding a HEMI and it going for $100K I think is way off. I would say around the $35-$40K range would be more realistic. If you did add the HEMI I don't think you'd get much more. Lets put it this way a REAL HEMI 500 with a HEMI and a nose cone and a wing which are real Daytona pieces not repro's sold recently for well under the $100K number mentioned above.

41husk

If you don't have a buyer, I would be real interested, depending on the price of course.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerman69

I know this topic is from 2007, what happin to this clone where's it at now

JB400

Aero426

chargerman69

moparstuart