News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone help me on diagnostic codes 01' dodge truck

Started by jackel440, March 05, 2007, 08:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackel440

hey guys,My mom brought her truck down to my shop and said her engine light was on.So I cycled the key 3x's and I got a "p 0138" code.I looked up on allpar and it says that it's a "HO2S Cicuit High Voltage bank 1 sensor 2".I am not sure what exactly this is telling me.What would the refernce "bank 1" be?and then "sensor 2"? ???

71superbee

I'm pretty sure that it is referring to the oxygen sensor, and "sensor 2" would mean the downstream 02 sensor, the sensor after the converter

mikepmcs

Left side of the motor, second O2 sensor in the exhaust path.  In other words, there are 4 sensors, it will be the aft most sensor(towards the rear).

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jackel440

driver side last O2 sensor in the exhaust correct?I will have to look when i get home from work.Thanks guys.I figure this must be from setting the last 2 months outside in the snow.I know it runs fine just showed up yesterday when we decided to unhook it from a horse trailer and take it to town.I take it I will probably just have to replace it?wonder how much that will cost me ???especially after i spent all my money at the swap meet last sunday :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

If you have one of those cheapy diagnostic readers, go ahead and try to reset it.  If it's bad, it will come back on after approximately 3 warm up cycles.  Give it a shot it can't hurt if you haven't done it already.  Should be around $100 or so for an OEM O2 sensor(that was for an H2 anyway) Hopefully Dodge is more reasonable. Stay away from the aftermarket ones though(cheapy ones)  I've read a lot of negative about them.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?