News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 - New Purchase - Fully Restored - **3/14 Updated Pic's**

Started by Gotta 68, March 03, 2007, 01:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gotta 68

I'm fairly new to this site, but "just 69_chgr" has encouraged me to share with you guys my recent purchase of a 68.  Back in 05 I was scouring the internet for a Charger & I came across Chris's website.  I emailed him and as you already know he's not only a really good person, he's been a wealth of information about the 2nd gen Charger.  So, I owe Chris a big huge sum of gratitude & appreciation.  My love at first sight with a 68 was my soph. year in high school way back in 1977.  Fast forward to 2007, yes I waited this long and after 2 straight solid years of searching the internet, car shows, etc.. even a trip that bombed out to Michigan from So Cal, etc.. I finally have one!  This board has been a great source of information for me.  I even read the post that covered buying a completely restored one verses tackling one yourself verses sending one to a shop.  So, since I don't know how to turn a wrench, I opted for the already restored version and saved up.  The builder was an individual out of Orange, Ca.  Chad Hilburn.  He's the V.P. of Mopars Unlimited of Southern California.  From all the reading I've done on this forum, I know you guys would really appreciate his craftsmanship, talent, and skills.  He started working on Mopars when he was 14 and had a Charger in high school back in the late 80's.  He actually built this beauty for himself, but towards the completion of the resto his dad decided to retire and wants Chad to take over the family business.  So, Chad needed to change gears and sell his dream build.  Chad was only the 3rd owner of this gem.  Get this, he found it being stored in a railway container.  Here's Chad's write up... Cali car, 1 1/2 years later he created what is an all original Mopar steel body with the exception of the pan behind the rear window, completely stripped, media & baking soda blasted the body,  painted w/ Dupont's Hue's line, Copper Sunset,  undercoated, all repro glass, all stainless polished, all chrome redone,  Legendary vinyl top/interior, all new wiring, gauges restored by PCG, new front suspension, steering box, hemi torsion bars,  re-sleeved original factory Bendix 4 piston disk brakes(front) & booster, 11 inch rear drums (back), ss brake lines, KYB shox, 3:23 gears, new 69 HP 440,  6 pack cam, Edelbrock manifold/carb, factory exhaust manifolds media blasted & ceramic coated, TCI Streetfighter trans, TTI exhaust w/ X pipe going out to Hemi mufflers, new gas tank, 4 row rad, a/c completely rebuilt w/ R12, even the plenum box(?) under dash was completely refinished.  As you can read, the guy went all out.  Kudo's go to Chad & an "attayboy" goes to me.  I hope you enjoy the photo's as much as I'm enjoying this car.  Cuz I'm having just a blast!  I never realized one could get a chubbie by simply driving one of these or even cleaning it.  What a bonus, huh?  And, sorry I don't have any under carriage shots, but trust me it too is exceptional!

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

2fast4u

DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Arthu®

Welcome :cheers: and that is one beautifull car :o

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

tan top

hello & welcome  :wave:  wow what an looking  awesome 68   ......... very nice  :thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RT

Wow.....what a beautiful car!!!!     :o :o

Congratulations and welcome.

Ralph

Recharger

Brock Samson

WOW!
That Charger is TITTS!!!                        :drool5:
What color is that supposed to be?...

Nice and again WELCOME to the best spot on the web!  :wave:

THE COLONEL

Man, that is a nice hot rod!!!  Those colors are awesome!
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

HITMAN 149

damn...that thing looks brand new!!!!!!!!! swetttttttttt!!!!!!!!
welcome!!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

DodgeChargerNeeded

Wow that is one amazing looking car. I think you made the right choice buying a restored car. I know for sure that wasn't cheap but whatever you paid I'm sure it was well worth it with todays prices.
Jeff

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Gotta 68 on March 03, 2007, 01:03:20 PM
Back in 05 I was scouring the internet for a Charger & I came across Chris's website.  I emailed him and as you already know he's not only a really good person, he's been a wealth of information about the 2nd gen Charger. .... ...I never realized one could get a chubbie by simply driving one of these or even cleaning it.  What a bonus, huh? 

Chris is a great guy and an asset to the hobby.

And yes... there are times that car is (almost)better than sex.

Congrats on your purchase. Beautiful car.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Mean 318

Fitz73Chrgr

Your car is gorgeous, love the colors
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Shakey

Looks great!   :yesnod:

Welcome to the site.   :cheers:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Just 6T9 CHGR

Scott, finally glad to see you posting in the General Discussion area instead of the For Sale/Wanted section....now your post count will go up ;)

Kudos to you for your perseverance and not jumping on the first pretty red car you saw.   Actually going out to see each prospect might have been a daunting task but in the end it is well worth it....pictures hide a lot of problems as you have seen first hand.

Good luck with the car and any questions you have feel free to ask us :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brad

That is an awesome car. Everything looks like brand new. Really love the color combination too!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

71ChallengeHer

Beautiful Charger :thumbs: Love the color, congrats.

69-DodgeCharger

Wow thats one of the better cars i have seen on the site Top 3 for sure!   :o

8WHEELER

I have seen that car somewhere else, in the for sale section? WOW that is a beauty it was
worth the wait I bet, but I could never have waited that long, plus I just got lucky I suppose.

Welcome to the site, and  take care of that beauty........

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.